Chapter Eleven: The Early Bird Catches The Shoe

Start from the beginning

"Actually, I have two stories for you about Sebastian, and both of them I actually found...pretty funny," she laughs. "So yesterday evening there was this huge Opera event in downtown L.A., and Sebastian decided to go along with his father, Garrett. Innocent enough, right? Doesn't sound like our typical Sebastian?"

"She's speaking as if I belong to them," Sebastian says with a snort after.

"So anyway," Wendy continues, "he gets to the Opera and you can already tell-"

She points to the screen behind her without looking back, and the audience gasps and whispers amongst themselves when they see Sebastian's tattered state. I remember the limo ride yesterday, in which Sebastian didn't even know how to tie his own tie and denied doing drugs before despite the cocain on his nose. Not to mention the group of topless girls that wished him farewell inside his property. I breathe in sharply at the memory.

Wendy turns around and examines the screen, "I mean, you can obviously tell...he had a little bit of fun before he arrived there...well, anyway his publicist decided that it would be okay for him to answer a few questions for the press before he went inside. Simple enough, right?"

The camera pans to a young woman nodding in agreement.

Wendy opens her mouth again, but grins widely, making her eyes crinkle at the sides. Then she starts laughing so hard she covers her mouth to hide her smile. Taking a sip of her tea followed with a deep breath, she stares straight into the camera. And I know what's coming.

"Well, one reporter asked about his relationship with Felicity Felix...and Sebastian replies with, and I quote: 'she's just a good grind.'"

Everyone in the studio starts cackling.

I place my hands over my eyes and surround myself in darkness while the TV laughs...and laughs...as if it's making fun of us.

"Felicity, I hate to say I told you so but...I-I told you so, sweetie. I mean, I said Sebastian was a man that can't be held down and brought into a serious relationship and look, even he agrees," Wendy snorts to stop herself from laughing again. "I can't count not one woman he has been with, that's been able to either hold him down, or make him settle down, or even just make him visibly happy. Every single 'serious' relationship is a joke. And these women think they can turn him into Mr. 'Honey-I'm-Home' but that's not the case."

Sebastian suddenly starts laughing, "Mr. Honey-I'm-Home. That's actually pretty fu-"

He pauses when he see's me scowling at him and doesn't finish his sentence.

"I don't think there will ever be a woman for him-you know, a woman that can successfully tame him. I'm sorry...nope, I don't think so. Anyhow, Sebastian and Felicity's reps haven't made a comment on the situation yet. I wonder why?"

For some odd reason, everyone starts clapping.

"And this isn't even the funniest part," she announces with a devious smile.

"Shit," I curse under my breath.

"Apparently during the Opera, Sebastian was chewing gum a little into the performance with Andrea Bocelli and Liliana Diacello. And somehow the gum fell out of his mouth and dropped into Bianca Jimenez's hair!"

Everyone laughs harder than before when a photo of Bianca screaming and crying with gum smothered on her hands and in her red hair.

"She had to get a pixie cut!" Wendy wails when the second picture of Bianca's hair comes up, now several inches shorter than the initial length.

"Oh, what a day for Sebastian Harriso-"

Sarah turns off the TV.

"You're going to that damn fair, Sebastian," she sets the remote on the huge desk that sits right in front of the window.