Recollection - Jump: Falling into the Unknown

There's quite a nice friend I met recently.

She's a good part of my life now, you could say. No, we're not dating. We're just good friends. 

I remember her, as we talked,  having our daily conversations, abruptly ask me, "why me?"

Obviously, as you probably would, I was really confused. 

"Why what?"

"Why me? Why put this effort into making plans in the future? Optimistic?" 

It came down, after talking with her a lot simply as, 

"Because I'm not afraid." 

I'm not afraid of the future, or what it might holds for our friendship. I'm not afraid of what's around the corner, the dark void that sits up below. 

I'm not afraid of that road ahead of us, what's coming to square me up. 

There's something I hold strongly about friendship. 

Friendship is not this idea where you come in, "good time charlie", and then get the hell out of dodge when the party's over, and the world's hitting you.

Friendship is like brotherhood. Loyalty, taking care of each other, pulling through not just the good, but even the bad as well. 

It's that belief, that says I'm not afraid. It's helped make me lifelong friends with some great people, and I hope to continue to do so. 

She probably won't ever read this. Who knows. She might not even need to read this. But quite simply, I'm not afraid of  who she is. Good or bad.

Simply because of friendship. 

Now, where does fear play into this?

A lot of people often are afraid of you know, trust, putting faith into someone, having genuine conversation. There's a lot of what I'd say, "a circle of judging". 

This whole notion that subtly we judge people for who they are, we hold back, and we don't say what we really mean, or, we tend to be afraid because of irking someone.

Look, if someone is your friend, and you make that choice, in my opinion, that's when you understand, they will have your back and take care of you. Take care of them, and it'll be all all right. 

I'm not afraid of being open with someone. Is it a huge risk, you know? Investing. 

Sure, it definitely is. Is there a chance, that I could get hurt, or things happen? Of course there is a chance. 

But you know what?

That's life. Life's full of risk to take. We always have moments to take risks. So take them. Jump, go into the unknown, through that door, no idea what's going to happen. What happens if it doesn't turn out as it planned?

So what. Keep going in life. Keep moving, going, never quitting. Yes, your friend may be out of your life, and things might not work out, but keep going!

Don't let yourself down! 

Because you're still here. 

If you can breathe, you can move.

 You can move, you can fight.

So fight. 

Stand up for yourself, define yourself, fight on, never quit. 

You're still you, your name, your blood, your fingerprints. You can, and will live and endure. 

I know the future is uncertain. She's 3,000 miles away from me. We make plans to meet someday, laugh, cry, eat, together. Who knows. 

Well?

I guess I'll jump into that uncertainty then, as a friend.

That's what friends are for, eh?