Prompt Six

His lips felt perfect on mine and my body felt like it was on fire. His tongue grazed my lips, making me shiver slightly. He pulled me closer to him with his hand around my waist. I lifted my hand to his hair, as he deepened the kiss.

And then I heard a gasp.

I reacted instantly, breaking away form his grasp. My cheeks felt flushed and could you blame me?

Mason Wright, the hottest boy in school a.k.a the guy I'd somehow fallen in love with had kissed me. Me.

I was just a regular girl. No one special. I preferred staying at home, reading a book or watching a movie rather than partying on a weekend. I didn't wear skimpy clothes since I preferred comfortable jeans and a top. I liked my make up to be limited rather than plastering my face with cosmetics of every brand available.

Not that my parents would ever allow me to do anything of that sort. Hell, they even had tabs over the sort of music I listened to.

Which is why I knew that was in a hell lot of trouble. 

I had been caught red-handed making out with a guy by my mother who, by the way, has clearly stated about a million times that I wasn't allowed to 'get involved in any sort of romantic set up' before I turned eighteen.And that was another year away.

To make things worse, Mom isn't exactly fond of Mason. And that's just putting it subtly.

As I stared into my mother's brown eyes, I thought back to the events that had led to this part in my life.

First, the rivalry with him in Freshman year. It seemed like all Mason wanted to do was compete. And with me, it was step higher that everybody else. Then, the next year, I was forced to co-write the annual play with him. The play was a big hit since there was no denying the fact that both of us were pretty good writers, if I do say so myself.

Then, in the first week of Eleventh grade, he became my Biology as well as psychology partner. and worker with him on the play had brought us closer somehow.

Mason had charm. And I fell for it like the naive girl I am. Now there was only one month left for the summer vacation to start and I'd already led myself to possible grounding. 

Who knew that a day that had begun so ordinarily would end up like this. Allison was right, though. Mason did love me. So things were hopefully going to be all right. 

~ Eight Hours Ago ~

You should tell him. You really should. A

He hates me. J

He does not. 

Did he tell you that?

Nope. But I know. 

Enlighten me. How do you know?

I've seen the way he looks at you. And he seems like he always wants to hang out with you. 

You assumed wrong. 

There's nothing wrong in giving it a shot, right?

And spoil everything between us? No, thanks. And have you forgotten my parents?

"Ms. Flores." Shit. My head snapped up as soon as Ms. Briggs called me.  "What is it that you find more interesting than Shakespeare's wonderful work?"

"Um, nothing. Ms. Flores," I answered, lamely.

"Kindly pay attention," she said, with a stiff nod.