comíng down

|·Next Day·|

I was woken up by the sound of my iPhone ringing. I heard Valerie mumble something but was too tired to ask. The ringing eventually stopped which made me relieved. I didn't want to leave Valerie. I didn't want leave her comfort.

Then the ringing started once more.

I groaned, and my hand moved to the nightstand, grabbing my phone. I looked at the screen and saw it Lamar, one of my homeboys ever since I could remember.

"Yeah wassup man?" I ask, my voice type hoarse.

"Woah seems like someone had a rough night." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Man whatever. What's up?" I ask once again.

"You gotta come down to Republic Records and re-record one of your songs." I groaned. I was suppose to be off today. Why would they need to record it again?

"Aight man. What time?"

"Now."

"Nigga now? What time is it?" I looked out the window, and saw the sun was out and birds were chirping.

"Man it's like 2 in the afternoon. Shawty was that bad?"

"Listen I'll see you later." I told Lamar before he tried to rain me down with questions.

I move my arm from under Valerie, but she barely moves. I slip on my black pants and put on my Tims. And no nothing happened last night. Valerie isn't any other hoe out here. She's different. Which means she'll be treated differently.

"Business to take care of?" I turned and Valerie was sitting up with her back leaning on the headboard. I nod and put my phone in the back pocket.

"Text me, okay?" Is all she says before I leave.

---

"Bout time you came son. They waiting for you upstairs." I was greeted by Lamar in the front smoking a cigarette.

I wave him off and we hurry to the elevator. I hate being late, especially if it dealt with my passion.

Music.

We get to the fifth floor, and enter the recording studio.

"Aye wassup Abel?" Jeremy dapped me.

"Nothing really. I'm ready to record."

He nodded and made my way into the booth and put on my earphones. The familiar beat entered my ears and soon I was back into the world as I know it.

Drugs.

Girls.

Drugs.

Girls.

"I got something to tell you, but don't know how Imma say it. I guess that I could only say one thing...girl I've been bad again. Girl I've been bad again..."

...

"Pick...up...your phone. The party finished and I want you to know...I'm...all...alone. I feeling eveything before I got up. I always want you when im coming down..."

...

"And that's a wrap! Perfect!" Jeremy tells me and gives me a thumbs up. I smile and nod and put the headphones back on the stand. I exit the booth and Jeremy replays what I sang. I close my eyes and feel the chills going through my body.

Just hearing this song...which isn't the worse of my experiences with life...actually one of the best...brings me back to a world of trying out every drug in the book.

A world before Valerie.

After we finished listening to it, me and Lamar decided to go somewhere we could smoke and chill. We eventually found a lounge.

We got in the lounge, filled with smoke and dim lights. We got into a booth and Lamar pulled out some loud that was in a small ziploc bag. He rolled up two joints, passing one to me.

"Man you haven't talked to me in a minute? What's been preoccupying your time?" He said pulling away from the joint and letting out a huge cloud of smoke.

"This girl...her name is Valerie. Man she's everything I've wanted. Chill and laid back like me. Not giving a care about what anybody says. She understands where I'm coming from. Her parents kicked her out because of her partying. And like me she just went with the flow. It's just something about her."

The kush was finally starting to take effect, and the more I thought about Valerie, the more happy and bubbly I felt.

"Oh that girl you left the club with. So you haven't been fucking any other bitches?"

I shook my head no.

"Awe my nigga whipped!" He said busting out in a laugh. All I did was shake my head, and enjoy the cloud of smoke and smell of weed around me.

"Nah I'm just playing. Do what you gotta do. I'm your homeboy. No matter what I'll support you. This Valerie girl gonna become my sister-in-law.

I started to laugh and soon we stopped talking about Valerie. It was just talking pure nonsense to be honest. I looked at my phone and saw it was only four in the afternoon and I'm high as a motherfucker.

And I realize one thing.

I need Valerie.

I unlocked my phone and texted her.

Me: hey you there?
Val: yeah wassup?
Me: i need u
Val: sure you do.
Me: im serious. im omw to your place
Val: aight im here waiting

I tap on Lamar's shoulder telling him I was out. He nodded and told me he'll be fine eying something on the dance floor. There was some brunette that was looking at Lamar and liked what she saw. Yeah he'll be good.

---

"So you need me huh?" Valerie teased me with her seductive voice.

"Yeah. Only you." I said leaving a trail of kisses from her neck all the way down to the middle of her chest. She lightly moaned at the touch and I smirked.

"You're high aren't you?" She asked me.

I smiled and nodded. "A problem?"

"Hell yeah. You went and got high without me!" She said pouting her plump lips.

I pulled out a joint from my inner pocket and handed it to her.

"Here...guess what Imma do...you wanna be...high for this..."

~~~~

·XO Till We Overdose·