Chapter 32: Close Call

Start from the beginning

"Take..me too.... Please....I'd..like to help you rescue... your Jinchuriki.."

The extremely beat-up Naruto *provided by Karui* says while Sai tries to help him up.

"Also.. There's something I'd like to ask your Raikage."

"Talk to Lord Raikage? Are you joking!?"

Karui yells and I glare at her.

"Karui..."

She stops yelling and looks at her feet.

'I'm guessing he wants to ask about Sasuke. I wish I could let you, Naruto. But my cover would be blown...'

"We hardly know you and you don't have our trust. And right now, he's under very little guard... There's no way I can have you meet Lord Raikage. I'm sorry."

Naruto stays quiet. I turn to the other two.

"Now, let's go you two. I've received permission for us to do some research. It's going to take some time to go through it, so I need you both to help me."

They nod and we leave.

'Naruto, I'm praying that you'll find a way to get Sasuke out of this mess.'

~

"My hand hurts! What if I get tendonitis, and it affects my sword stroke... And that might lead to me going down in a battle... and I die."

"Omoi! Keep moving your hand, not your tongue, you big mouth!"

Karui yells at Omoi while we're still in the library.

"Umm.. Could you please keep your voices down?"

"My apologize, sir."

I say to the librarian then turn back to the others.

"I think we have enough, let's stop."

They nod and we walk out.

"Yay! Finally done!!"

Karui and Omoi yell and high-five as soon as they get outside.

"Geez.. You two need to maintain your cool more if you want to call yourselfs ninja you hear?"

They nod. I sigh then look down. I find seeds on the ground in front of us.

'Those are tracking seeds that the Yamato guy uses.. I get it! Nice move, Naruto. Might as well let them follow.'

"All right, let's hurry to Lord Raikage."

We walk down the stairs, and I make sure to get the seeds suck in the cracks of my sandals.

'Try to keep up boys!'

(Sasuke's P.O.V)

"Can't we just ambush them now? I'm pooped already."

"Are you that stupid, Suigetsu!? If the Hokage's arrival is delayed, they'll know something is up! They'd send reinforcements. And what if the other Kage come after us as well!? We have absolutely no idea of his abilities. It's best to just wait for him to head home then attack! Right, Sasuke?"

"Just focus on the enemies chakra, Karin."

"Haha.. You so got busted!!"

"SHUT IT, SUIGETSU!!!"

We are walking to the Kage Summit, and like always, Suigetsu and Karin are fighting.

"Seems like you have your hands full, don't you, Sasuke?"

Zetsu asks.

"It's more important to identify Danzo's face and chakra before the summit starts. You'd better not lie on which one is him."

"Now why would I do that? Danzo is defiantly not a friend of mine."

I nod and we keep walking.

"Hey, Sasuke. Have you gotten any word from Lily yet? It's been a while since we last saw her."

Jugo asks. I shake my head.

"No...I haven't."

"I know what's going on with Lily."

Zetsu comments. I look over at him as soon as he finishes.

"And just how do you know about her?"

I ask.

"I have a clone watching her, just to be safe.."

"Is she okay!? Is she hurt!?"

Suigetsu and Jugo both ask. I walk closer to Zetsu, also wanting to know why she hasn't caught up with us, me.

"She's fine right now. Although, she had a close call with Kakashi Hatake not to long ago, but managed to get out of it. My guess is Lily won't meet up with you until that incident dies down. You picked a good one for espionage, Sasuke."

We all let out a sigh of relief, although I kept my relief less noticeable by covering it with a smirk.

"It's only one of the things she's good at. Lily can deceive anyone."

I walk past Zetsu.

"However, Zetsu. I want your clone to quit following Lily now."

"Why is that?"

"Lily is capable of taking care of herself like you saw. She doesn't need a babysitter."

"Very well, I'll have my clone return to Madara."

"Good.."