love is not weakness #14

Clarke pov.

"Just like you." I hear a voice from behind me. I'm not in the mods for this today but then I turns around when I recognise the voice.

I see lexa standing there right in front of me. "Lexa?" I say softly barely getting the words out. "You were dead I felt your pulse stop and how did you get up you were just shot you should be resting." I say not believing my eyes.

"I tried calling out to you before you left my tent but you probably didn't hear me and I'm fine it doesn't even hurt I guess you fixed me. I think you need answers then? I'm sorry about everything with um... I will explain later I guess do you think you could forgive me?" Lexas asks. I know I will regret what I do next but I just can't help myself.

"I think I might be able to forgive you." I say closing the gap between us and connecting out lips. To my surprise lexa kisses back and for a breaf moment, in that breaf moment I forget everything that has happened today. I lift my hand to cup Lexa's neck as she slowly snakes her arms around my waist and pulls me close to her body.

I pull away slightly so we can catch our breathe, as I pull away we rest our foreheads against each others and slowly open our eyes slightly, lexa looks at me with a small smile on her lips still with our foreheads touching we say like this for a while until suddenly Lexas face goes from complete happiness to it looking like she had seen a ghost. She whispers quietly to herself but I am close enough to hear her.

"I'm going to die." Lexa says quietly.

"What?" I ask, she repeats again almost in a hurry. "I'm gonna die." She says louder this time. "Clarke I love you but you really have to leave now! Take my house go back to your people and please never come back please just go now!" She says pulling away from my grasp.

"Lexa what's wrong? You just survived, you were dead now you're alive you can die now." I say, looking at her I'm the eyes but Lexa won't look back she just looks down to the ground as if she was ashamed.

"Lexa, may I have a word with you? Alone." Indra says coming up behind us and for the first time in mintues I realise there were people watching.

"Yes, Indra." Lexa says slowly looking up to Indra motioning towards her tent. Once they entre I stand outside so I can hear. I can only catch a few words.

"Lexa"
"don't call me that I am the your commander"
"not anymore we all saw you with her you no what happens now"
"love is weakness?"
"Yes and I'm sorry I dotn want to do this but you no you have to pay the price"
"when?"
"Right now"
"who will deliver the final sword?"
"You no who the one who made you weak"
"No! She's been through enough we can't make her do that to."
"I didn't make the rules."
"Can I have a moment alone to tell her what is about to happen?"
"Yes one minute while we prepare"

As soon as they finish talking I hear someone walking out of Lexa's tent I quickly move back to where I was standing, the Indra come sout of the tent and walks over to me.

"Clarke, Lexa needs to speak with you now." I nod and walk inside.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I ask. Slowly walking towards Lexa who is sitting on the edge of her bed, with her head in her hands.

"Ahh I'm so stupid, how could I let myself do that." Lexa says to herself in an angry voice.

"What's wrong?" I ask softly.

"I am going to die, you have to kill me." She says I'm a bit taken aback by what she says.

"What do you mean? Lexa I don't understand you're scaring me please explain?" I ask getting worried.

"When you kissed me... I thought you would never forgive me let alone love me after what I did I'm sorry.... But I forgot about everything about being a leader that I was the commander. I let myself become weak... hodnes laik kwelnes." Lexa says slowly looking up to me and motioning for me to sit next to her. (Love is weakness)

"Lexa, hodnes ste nou kwelnes, Hodnes laik uf." I say to Lexa. (Love is not weakness, love is strength

"Love is not weakness love is strength" Lexa says and looks at me I just nod slightly.

"I started trying to learn your language but that is all I no and Heda." I say as I think I can see a slight smile form on Lexa lips. Suddenly Indra enters the tent. " its time."she says and walks back out.

"I'm sorry Clarke we don't have any time left... My people believe that a commander can't show weakness and to win battles and lead well you have to be strong and not show any type of weakness... Love is the biggest weakness because if you love someoen they see every side of you even the venerable side. I slowed weakness when you kissed me and I kissed back, I'm sorry Clarke I new it was wrong and I should have pushed away and explained it to you later but I just couldn't help myself after seeing you so broken when you thought I had died I couldn't resist. Now I have to pay for what I've done." Lexa says looking down at the floor again.

"Hurry up." We hear a shout from outside and Lexa stand up to walk out.

"Lexa wait!" I shout before she leaves. "Since this is the last time I will get to say this... ai hod yu in." I say. As Lexa turns and steps closer to me. (I lobe you)

"ai hod yu in kom klark gon skai kru ba hodnes laik kwelnes" Lexa says slowly leaning forward to connect our lips. I realise this will be the last ever time we kiss, the last ever time I see her. ( I love you to Clarke of sky people but love is weakness)

I savour every second of it, the peacefulness, the feeling of human contact, Lexa in my arms. I will never get any of them again.

"Lexa!" We hear someone shouting behind us. We both pull away slowly and turn to see Indra standing there.

"Indra! You are about to kill me, can't I have my last few mintues to myself? Not as your commander but as a human? I did have feelings but you made me push them deep down and now since it is no good me hiding anymore I will show my feelings and I will be weak, not because love is weakness but because..." Lexa stops and looks at me then grabs my hand. "Love is strength."

"I didn't make the rules, you no what would happen if you showed weakness, yet you let it happen anyway." Indra says spitting the words out. She walks out of the tent and we follow.

Lexa slowly walks up to the post that has been set up for her, I can't believe this is really happening. I watch in horror as everyone in this village takes a turn at cutting Lexa, all the way through Lexa keeps a strong face and doesn't even flinch.

"Clarke we are done you must end it all as you were the one who made Lexa weak." Indra says, she hold out Lexa's knife and sword and tell me to pick one, I pick up the knife because I figure that would be less painful.

"hodnes ste nou kwelnes, Hodnes laik uf, may we meet again." Lexa whispers to me. I walk right up to her so we are only centimetres apart.

"oso gonplei nou ste odon nowe." I say as I slowly push the knife into Lexa's body and she goes limp.(our fight is never over)