Ch 83: Calla Dawson

Start from the beginning

We stayed and watched the grave be filled, all of us somber, on different levels knowing that this place would never be the same. Nothing here would ever be the same.

I reached into my bag as my brother and Jerric went to console a very depressed looking Aldric, pulling out a blue calla lily.

She would have laughed at me for doing this.

I froze in my spot when I noticed Angelica crouching by the grave.

Slowly I found myself moving until her voice filled my ears.

"You utter idiot! how could you have done this? how the fuck could you have just died and left him here? you selfish little twat. He chose you over everyone, he chose you over me and this is how you repay him? by dying? He hands you his heart and you be a bitch throwing it in the dust for a coffin."

I let out a strangled gasp, "Angelica!"

She turned on me, eyes furious, "What? you think I didn't notice? don't play stupid Gwen not today."

I looked down at the flower in my hands, "...you knew the whole time?"

She snorted a sad look in her eyes, "He is my lifelong friend you moron. how could I not have noticed the way he looked at her, like she was his universe." A tear slipped down the cheek, "She's a bitch for doing this to him and I wont ever forgive her."

I grasped the taller womans hand as I placed the lily over the freshly turned dirt, "...It's not her fault she died Angelica. You should have seen them when they felt they could really be together, you should have seen how much she loved him. She-" I took a deep breath, "She probably took her last breath thinking only of him and how he would feel once she was gone."

Angelica looked away from me, "...I know. I just.."

I nodded in understanding and let her pull me away from the grave and out of the yard. We all knew Kaden would want some alone time down here even if he wasn't at the ceremony.

He needed to mourn.

~~

Kaden POV:

I stared at the white tombstone silently as the smell of dirt mixed with fresh cut grass surrounded me.

"Are you sure it had to be this way?"

I nodded.

"Damn. Never thought I would visit my own grave."

I looked over at the blonde standing barefoot next to me, her hair pulled back into a loose bun, "Calla pet..."

She grinned at me tiny fangs flashing in the moonlight, "yeah babe?"

"We really need to teach you some tact."

She laughed lightly, freezing when her eyes flashed red, "Hey Kaden."

I gestured for her to continue.

"I'm hungry. Like so hungry I'm ready to rip out your heart and eat it."

Of course that would be the only thing she had to say standing on top of her own grave. I shook my head and motioned for her to go into my now empty manor, watching her white dress flow behind her as I followed.

Only she would wear white to her own funeral.

~~

A/N: I promised I would tell you all what the name of the second book is on the last chapter and I'll put the summery here too.

Book two is titled: The Lady in Blue

here is the summary lovies!:

One year ago Lord Dawson shut the doors of his mansion after the tragic death of his pet and has yet to open them since.

People living around the manner have not seen their lord in a year, only the occasional glimpse of servants leaving the gates of the huge estate.

And every now and then under the light of moon, a beautiful woman in a gown from another time was spotted roaming the gardens near the fence

Almost always in blue.

They spoke of her as if a legend, a woman, and a great mystery.

The beautiful woman.

The lady in blue.

~~

"Kaden...honey come to bed."

I looked down at my lover as he signed document after document, "not now pet."

Shaking my head I poured him his favorite scotch, taking a sip before placing it on the cherrywood desk, "don't be like that, you know you want to play."

His gaze flicked up at me, "only if you agree to stop roaming the gardens at night, rumors are spreading."

I rolled my eyes, "love you too Kaden."

He shot me a smirk sipping at his drink, "do you really love me?"

"do you?" I shot back.

"I do, I always did, I will for eternity Calla."

I grinned wickedly my tiny fangs glimmering in the candlelight and my eyes flashing red. "good remember that or I may just have to find a new lover."

His laugh echoed through the room as he pulled me into his lap.

I leaned into his chest, "tell me everythings going to be okay."

Tell me we will open those doors again soon.

"Everything will be okay."