Ch 36: Night Terrors

A/N I AM A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING! I have yet ANOTHER story idea Im dying to write...BUT FEAR NOT MY DARLINGS I will not be posting it on wattpad until I finish one of my current stories first (probably WLBTT)...probably ugh I'm awful, any was if anyones interested in what is about let me know yeah?

~~

Kaden POV:

She tried to punch me.

The little vixen really tried to do it.

And I would be lying if I said it didn't turn me on a bit.

I've always loved Callas fire.

Catching her delicate little wrist in my hand I pulled her to my chest, I knew she was angry and probably already knew the answer to her own question. But I wasn't going to verify that for her, not knowing that it would hurt her despite how reasonable I knew it would be. "Calla...my flower how about we talk this through..you know what I am going to do and I know it upsets you."

She glared at me with those big blue eyes of hers, "then why do it."

"Because if I don't you may be put in danger once more."

"You don't know that Kaden!"

"But I do."

    We stared at one another for a long moment before she finally sighed and looked away. "I don't like this Kaden what if the roles were reversed. What if it was me some vampire was demanding so they could...."

Rage bubbled inside me at the mere thought, "that would not happen Calla, I am a powerful man you know that, they wouldn't dare."

"But if they did, if they could Kaden if they had the power to demand for me."

I grit my teeth, "Its different Calla. You are more than just some pet."

Her eyes grew sad as she looked up at me, taking my hand in her own soft one, "Maybe to you I am Kaden but to them I am a pet and a decoration just another jewel of yours a symbol of your wealth. it really is not all that different."

A silence settled around us, Wrapping my fingers around her skin I rose her hand to my lips, kissing it softly, "if you are really that concerned I will ask the boy some questions before deciding his fate."

She looked at me quizzically but let it go with a stiff nod and a hesitant smile.

I could tell she was still upset, "...after dinner tonight perhaps we can watch a movie or something you enjoy, it must have been quite some time since you have."

He features softened a bit at my words, "Kaden..."

"yes?"

"...let me talk to him to?"

"absolutely not."

She frowned at me, snatching her hand from mine and crossing her arms, glaring at me with all the anger she could muster.

Which was quite a bit apparently, "...Calla, baby..."

"Don't you baby me Kaden. I want to talk to him."

Why must she be so damn childish at times? Cant she see I am worried about her? "No."

"Yes."

    Were we really going to do this, "no."

She glared harder, "yes."

"I am not allowing you in a room with someone who tried to kill you."

She tossed her hands in the air, "you almost killed me once, or did you forget sinking your fangs in my wrist?"

Okay that sort of stung, "I didn't almost kill you."

"At the time I would have died, trust me."

I didn't respond, how did I even begin to respond to that? I knew it was true and there was no way I was going to defend one of the greatest shames of my life...losing control like that.    

SHe seemed to sense my internal delema because her face fell, "...You know I don't really blame you right Kaden? I understand why what happened happened...I just...I just want to talk to him. You understand that right?"

I looked away from her, unable to meet her eyes. Just because she said she understood doesn't mean I should have been stupid enough to believe she was totally okay with everything and it didn't ever bother her.

To think I almost bit her again after I promised I wouldn't. What would she think if she knew that? The mere thought sickened me.

I felt her arms wrap around my neck, felt her burry herself into my chest before kissing at parts of my exposed throat, "..I'm sorry Kaden I'm just stressed...its been long night. lots of new things and such....I'm sorry."

I looked down t her, she had no reason to be sorry her arguments were valid I was just to damn stubborn to risk it with her, The moment or eyes locked she pulled me down a bit and slid her lips over my own.

I hesitated barely even a moment before deepening our kiss, pulling her into my embrace, savoring her warmth and the softness of her body against mine.

It was stupid really kissing her in the open like this, but still I slid by tongue past her perfect plump lips and pressed her more firmly against me as she let out a small satisfied moan.

I really should have agreed to just hide away in my room all day with her. Pulling away I kissed her softly once on the lips and then on the forehead, "Its okay Calla, I'm sorry too, I will consider letting you talk with him, as long as I am with you."

I felt more than heard her rather unladylike but very Calla-like snort, "well no shit, why would I step into  a room with a possible murderer without a shield?"

I chuckled a bit, "go back to my room and get some rest pet, you seem very tired."

She nodded a bit, "...maybe I'll get some stuff from my room first...I am staying there right?"

"Of course. but I already had the maids move all of your things to my room."

Her eyes widened, "isn't that going to raise suspicion?!"

I shot her an easy smirk, "not when I told them that you are suffering terrible night terrors and can only sleep with some company. They know sleeplessness takes its toll on ones looks and assumed that would be why, besides it is not uncommon knowledge that I only give the best of things to my pet they assume you wanted to be with the safety of your master."

She blinked, "you gave them that straight face and told them I only felt safe with you, my wondrous master, didn't you?"

"yes, I did. no one even heisted before offering to move your things when I pretend to ponder of the delema you were having, they suggested you move in with me for the time being."

"...you're brilliant."

I winked, "off to bed with you love."

She nodded and scurried off telling me to fix my hair.

I watched her disappear with a small smile on my face.