The Game of Temptation ~18~

Start from the beginning

"Easy, girl," I said, quickly taking the bottle away. She began to protest, but I cut her off. "You don't want alcohol poisoning. I'll help you monitor it, okay?"

She sighed, but nodded. "I hate this, Ren. I really love him, and I don't mean to not answer when he calls. I'm just busy with school and when I'm not, it seems he's busy..."

She stumbled slightly, and I wrapped my arm around her waist to stop her falling over. "Alright, Isa, let's go sit down somewhere safe..." I muttered. I didn't like hearing how much she loved him, I hated the reminder that she wasn't mine.

I found a bench and sat her down, handing her the bottle long enough for her to take a sip, but took it back quickly.

"It'll be okay, Isa," I said. For her, maybe. If things worked out between her and Alex. I wanted it to not be okay, because maybe then I could get my ending with her.

But I rubbed her back sympathetically, not getting anywhere near sexual zones, and kept my thoughts to myself. So what if Alex was a dick for ignoring her? She didn't need to know I thought he wasn't enough for her anymore.

I hated this, having to think about her first. But I would, because that's the kind of man she deserves. And dammit, I needed every advantage I could get.

I was lost in my own thoughts, I barely registered Isa saying something loudly, and clearly drunk. I shook myself out of my head, and turned to look at her. Her phone was to her ear, and I sighed. Of course she'd drunk dialed him.

"I'm not drunk! I had three shots!" Isa shouted down the phone. She sounded like a two-year old throwing a tantrum, and I fought the urge to laugh.

"No, you had three beers," I told her, remembering what she said earlier. "You've had about seven shots, Isa."

I watched her face turn a little more pale, and she muttered, "I'm think I'm gonna throw up."

I sighed, knowing I'd have to help her. I took the phone away from her hand as she waddled back over to the bench, about to apologize to Alex for her, only to see he'd hung up.

Well, he didn't deserve an apology.

But Isa cared about him, so I'd give him one. Only, it was time to throw some guilt in on his side.

Hey, sorry about that. I was actually trying to convince her not to call you. She's kind of mad at you for some reason, which is why she got this drunk in the first place. Sorry again. Ren.

I sent the message, smiling a little. Even I could admit there was a little brilliance with saying I tried to stop her. In all honesty, I would have tried if I'd been paying attention...

A few minutes later, Isa's phone buzzed. She seemed distracted on trying to not throw up, so I read the message.

Why is she mad at me?

Was he an idiot? Or was that just me being prejudice? Well, I knew there was no way in hell I was going to give him the answer. If he couldn't figure it out, he was dumber than me, and that was saying something right now.

I don't even know. Something about how it feels like last time? She also mentioned something about feeling ignored. That's all I got before she downed the drinks.

I sent it, and waited another few minutes. No response. I deleted the messages, needing to make sure Isa didn't feel guilty about this when it was all Alex, before heading back over to her. I rubbed her back again.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I asked, leaning in so I could be quiet.

She nodded slowly, and I helped her stand up, careful to keep her movements slow and fluid to make sure she didn't throw up.