I 'Effin Love You Too 24

Start from the beginning

"Don't ask me why we can't be friends," he said. "You know why."

"No, I actually don't know why-"

"Because I love you, Grace!" he declared. I stared at him with wide eyes, my mouth slightly open in surprise. He pressed his lips together and looked around. "Yeah. I didn't always, I'll admit that. But I know that I do now." I couldn't speak. I opened and closed my mouth again when I was unable to find words a few times. He...he loved me NOW? What the hell did that mean? Suddenly, my shock turned to anger. I couldn't understand why I was mad, but....ugh! I just was!

"What do you mean, you love me NOW?" I demanded. Danny sighed.

"I didn't really like you all that much when we first started-"

"What the hell. We went out for a YEAR, Danny! And all that time you were faking it?"

"Not exactly faking it, more like getting used to it."

"Oh. Yeah, getting used to it," I scoffed sarcastically. Tears started to well up a little at the bottom of my eyes. "You know what? I'm glad you and I broke up. I don't have to deal with your crap anymore." I started walking back to Cory, who was still standing on the sidewalk watching us and getting ready to jump in when he was needed, when Danny grabbed my arm and spun me back to face him.

"Never say that," he said darkly. "Never say that you're happy we're over."

"Danny, let go. You're hurting me."

"Maybe this is the only way I can make you understand," he said more to himself than me. I reached my hands up and put them on top of his in an attempt to get them off me.

"Danny you're really hurting me."

"Let her go," Cory said from behind me in a dark voice. Danny glared at him and let me go without looking away. The blood rushed down my arms again as I rubbed my left arm. That was the arm he had the most pressure on.

"Come on, Cory," I said, taking his arm. He stayed where he was standing, glaring at Danny.

"Hang on," he said. "Now, if you ever ever EVER touch her again, I'll make you regret it."

"Bring it on," Danny challenged. "Think I'm afraid of you."

"If you knew any better, you would be," Cory said at the same time I said "Alright that's enough!" I dragged Cory away from Danny and we continued walking to my house. I took Cory's hand in mine when he didn't say anything, but kept staring straight ahead with that dark, scary look on his face.

"Cory," I said. "Hey." I put my hand on his cheek, ignoring the electricity feeling I felt when I touched him, and made him look at me. His face softened when he looked at me.

"Sorry," he said. "That guy pisses me off."

"Same here," I said. "Same here."

-Cory's POV-

There was NO. 'EFFIN. WAY I was going to let this guy hurt Grace like that and let him get away with that. Anyone who hurts her in anyway is going to have to deal with me. I was still pretty mad about the whole ordeal back there with Danny when Grace and I started walking to her house again.

"Cory," Grace said. "Hey." She put her hand on her cheek, sending sparks on the spot she was touching, and made me look at her drop dead gorgeous face. I softened my face for her and calmed down.

"Sorry," I apologized. "That guy pisses me off." Especially when he puts his hands on you like that, I thought.

"Same here," Grace said. "Same here."