I 'Effin Love You Too 13

-Grace's POV-

Cory called. That meant he was thinking of me! Just like I was thinking of him. Okay, calm down Grace. Just calm down. He was...well IS your best friend. He has every right to call you just to say hi. This doesn't mean anything special. Okay if I was going to tell him how I felt about him, then I was really going to have to get rid of all these negative feelings.

"So what's up?" I asked him.

"Not much. We're almost officially unpacked," he replied.

"Almost?"

"Yeah my parents are unpacking the last box for the kitchen."

"I see," I said.

"So how are things with your boy toy?" he asked. I laughed. "Or boyfriend, sorry. What's his name again? Douche?"

"Danny."

"Danny, douche. Same difference."

"You're funny," I said sarcastically.

"Always have been," he retorted just as sarcastically.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Did you talk to Owen about him? Don't lie to me."

"Owen, your cousin? No, I didn't. Why?"

"Just because he always calls Danny that."

"Is he wrong to do so?"

"I guess not," I mumbled. He laughed.

"So how are things with him?"

"They're okay. No real change..." I trailed off. There WAS a big change, but I didn't know if I should tell him or not. I mean, I didn't know if I should be telling him that he was the reason my relationship with Danny was becoming weirder and weirder each day with his growing jealousy of Cory. I used to think that he wasn't the jealous type at the beginning of our relationship, then I kind of concluded that he didn't really like me as much as he said he did. There was something weird about his freaking mom too. His dad was fine, but his mom....she gave me weird looks every time I went over to his house- which wasn't that often. It's almost like she hates me. I think she DOES hate me.

"I know that tone," Cory said. "I remember it too well. Some thing's wrong," he said.

"Nothing's wrong," I said quickly.

"And now you're lying," he said. Damn. "I know you better than that Gracie."

"I know Core," I sighed. "It's just...Danny's been acting....weird."

"How do you mean?"

"I mean he's gotten more and more...jealous lately."

"He has?"

"Yeah, he wasn't jealous at all before."

"Before what?" he asked. I sighed and decided to be honest with him.

"Before he met you."

"Whoa. Is this going to be some cliche kind of thing where you tell me that he's got the hots for me and he's jealous that we're friends?" I laughed at that.

"Basically," I said. "Minus the being attracted to you part."

"Oh thank god," he sighed with relief. "I mean, I respect the gays and everything, but I'm not one."

"I know," I smiled.

"So he's jealous that you and I are friends?"

"Pretty much."