Awkward Situations & Obsessed Cousins

"By the way, you were wrong." I say to Mae as I stop at a red light.

"About what?" She asks.

"He did talk to me and we went to his house, met his sister and have you seen his house though."

"Am I missing out of some info here?" She asks.

"What made you wonder?"

"Went to his house.."

"We just kissed." I reply.

"Well something's better than zilch."

"Hey, there's police check up going. I'll talk to you later when I get there."

"Ok and also my friend is coming over too so if you may please leave some guys in the world for me and don't flirt with him it'll be appreciated."

"He's all yours." I say and hang up.

After nine and a half hours of driving I finally reach to Mae's house. I pull up on the driveway and get out

I knock at the door and am greeted by my cousin Mae.

"Took you long enough." She says. Her blonde hair handing loose in a bun and she's wearing a pair of grey jeans and a purple hoodie.

I roll my eyes and step in. I set the keys on the table we have right when we walk in and walk towards the lounge. I practically know this place by heart and why wouldn't I? I mean I've lived here long enough to.

"It's pouring rain out there just as you step in." She follows and plops down on the couch next to me.

"What can I say? I'm pretty lucky." I admire as I pull my hood over the top of my head and turn on the TV.

She reaches over and grabs the remote before turning it off again.

"What?" I turn to look at her.

"Details."

"About what?"

"Like everything."

***

"And now I'm here." I finish off.

There's a knock on the door and Mae suddenly jumps up and runs down the hallway with me following behind.

"Hey." I hear a guy's voice not being so close so can't make out whose if I even know them.

"Hey." She replies before I hear the door shut and I go down and sit down on the couch again.

Mae comes in view with a figure behind her.

She moves away and the face of the guy come in view.

"Andy?" He asks.

"Alfie?" I stand up.

"Maeve?" She mocks.

"Maeve?" She replies to herself.

"Wow so this is the Alfie." She says and plops down on the couch.

"You know him?" I ask.

"Remember the time this year when I went to summer camp alone because you didn't wanted to get up your lazy ass that's where he was also." She answers.

"Right.." I say.

Suddenly she gets up and walks towards Alfie.

"You told me nothing about this?" She asks.

"Uh well.."

"Hold up.. You guys kissed though!" She screams.

Leave it to my so lovely cousin to make things more awkward.