Winter

I am beyond excited for November 10, 2015, the release date for Marisa Meyer's conclusion to the Lunar Chronicles series. The feeling is decidedly bittersweet--I can't believe one of my favourite YA science-fiction series is coming to an end... (*sniff sniff*) It's like Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows all over again.

Thankfully, the final book, is going to be a pretty hefty read since Marissa has confirmed that it's going to be 824 pages. That should give us plenty of time for proper closure and I don't think Marissa will disappoint. I'll be the first to admit how much I hated Scarlet, the sequel to the first instalment. However, both Cinder and Cress, were incredible novels and Marissa has proven herself to be more than capable of creating relevant characters and fascinating plot lines. I'm anticipating getting to know Princess Winter, who is a freaking bad-A character, judging by Fairest!

Anyway, here are all the reasons why I'm heavily anticipating the release:

1. The novel is going to take place on Luna, otherwise known as the MOON, where all the Lunar's live. We've never gotten to read a full novel from the perspective of someone on Lunar, so this is going to be amazing!

2. Winter, obviously, is unlike Queen Levana in numerous ways. One, is the way she chooses to manifest or stifle her gifts ("glamour"). Because Winter, not wanting to be abusive and cruel, like the Queen, has decided not to use her glamour, her sanity is slowly diminishing. This is such an interesting plot device by Marissa Meyer-- I have so much respect from her. I can't wait to watch Winter struggle through and overcome this conflict of ("man vs self").

3. More of Cress and Thorne. Need I say more?

4. Winter and Jacin. Honestly, I don't really like Jacin. For some reason, I keep picturing him as an old man, even though I know he's supposed to be an older teen/young adult. Maybe it's because he hasn't received a substantial amount of character development yet. However, Marissa Meyer has an extraordinary talent and way of making the reader fall IN LOVE with her characters. So, why wouldn't she do that with Jacin? I have no doubt that Winter and Jacin are going to become my next absolute OTP. I mean, as long as Winter and Jacin's relationship is not anything like Scarlet and Wolf, I'll be alright :)

5. The cover is absolutely gorgeous! It's going to look so beautiful on my shelf ;)

What are you guys excited for? What are your theories about what's going to happen?

Here is the Amazon synopsis: Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend-the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?

Also, if you missed the excerpt Marissa posted...it's all over the internet, so go read it!!

AHhhhhhhh! This is going to be so great! If you're excited about Winter coming out, leave a comment below! And/or vote if you liked this chapter :)