7

We began to eat and chat idly about this and that when Jase came up with the idea to play a questions game.

"Clara, why dont we play a game, it'll be really fun."

I looked at him skeptically only for the reason that both he and Keith had this look on their faces that meant I was being left out of the loop on something. I looked between them for a moment thinking of what on earth i was about to get myself into.

"I don't see why not, it should be fun."

He grinned so big I thought his face would split in two, he made a face as if he was thinking of something good but i knew i would regret it. Keith handed me a bottle of water and then looked at Jase as if to wait.

"Clara, do you like Keith?"

A little taken aback I should have seen that one coming.

"Yes, I suppose so I just met him so the jury is still out."

In the corner of my eye I saw Keith frown a bit but he quickly hid it. Guessing it was my turn I looked at him and he looked very startled.

"Keith, I have a multi-part question...Did you and Jase plan this little game when i wasn't paying attention, what on earth is going on, and what where you mumbling about this morning?

He looked shocked to say the least, and it was quite amusing I must say. Jase looked like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and Keith looked just as guilty. I waited patiently for an answer that tool ages to come, I swear I grew old waiting,  it was really cute how he squirmed though.

"Well ehem...Kind of just a little...Depends on what your wanting to know is going on...And I was going to get around to that I just wanted to enjoy lunch first."

I was about to ask what he had meant but Jase shushed me giving me the hint it was no longer my turn.

"Clara, before I ask my question I will explain a few things, I told you this morning that you were royalty...That is because I am royalty, to explain a little further...I am the next in line to the throne, I imagine you are confused, well with our people we have what is called a mate, and we mate for life... I had yet to find mine until recently and it was a real shock to me as well as the rest of the people that know..."

I listened while he spoke taking information like a sponge.

"As I said you are royalty by default because you are my mate..."

I froze, I had not seen that coming by any means. Questions ran through my mind like sprinters running a race. I had no idea how to react to that nor how to respond.

"Okay I'll continue, mates are the most important people to their other half...They are a reason to live, to wake up each day, hope for a future...I understand if you are scared and I will give you time but I would like to get to know you my little mate, I want to learn everything about you and what your goals and aspirations are..."

I sat there just starring at him for awhile and nodded my head agreeing to get to know him and learn about this and give it a shot, I was apart of this community because of Jase and I wont leave him alone, and maybe getting to know Keith better wont be so bad, I haven't dated in a long time but I guess its like riding a bike.

"Okay, well that was a lot to take in and thank you for explaining, maybe some time to think would be nice just to full rap my head around this, but I dont see why we cant get to know one another...Jase you could have warned me you little weasel."

I nudged him playfully and looked to see Keith smiling, warmth spread through my chest and for the first time in a long time I felt like this is where I belonged...