Back To School

Hey everyone, here's the new chapter! Picture of Mark to the side>>>

After everyone had left our house, Mark, Blaine and Vee had talked me into watching a movie with them. She's The Man was one of my all-time favorite movies, and because Amanda Bynes did an exceptional job playing both her and her brother, I found myself enjoying the show.

I laughed at the funny parts, and just hearing the sound of my laughter was weird. Half way through the movie, I found myself falling asleep against Blaine's shoulder. Mark nudged me awake near the ending credits and Vee and I walked upstairs to my bedroom.

"Sutton, I picked out something for you to wear to school tomorrow, and I got your back pack ready," she said as we made our way up the second flight of stairs.

Vee was one voluptuous girl, with short brown had and golden brown skin. She had even more curves than Melody. Two light brown eyes stared back at me and I nodded my head.

As we passed Melody's room, I had to refrain from going inside and collapsing on her bed. It was only seven thirty at night, but I was exhausted from the long day. I slipped on a pair of shorts and put a sports bra on before climbing into my queen bed next to Vee.

She snuggled up against my side and we both quickly fell asleep.

**

It was the first time sleeping in my bed since the night of the party, and I couldn't quite get comfortable. As quietly as possible, I pulled away from the covers and crept across the hall into Melody's room. I just about had a heart attack when I found Mark snuggled up in her blankets, snoring softly.

My mother let him stay the night? No, that didn't sound right. The answer came to me when I found the window at the other side of the room slightly cracked open. Melody had been sneaking Mark in using the tall Willow outside her window for years, and now Mark was using it to his advantage.

I guess that meant no sleep for me tonight. Frowning, I made my way towards the door. "Stay."

The sound of Mark's sleepy voice had me creeping back towards the bed. He scooted over, and there was plenty of room on her queen bed. I nestled into the familiar covers and buried my face into her pillow. Soon enough, the warmth radiating off Mark's body and the familiar feel of my sisters bed had me fast asleep.

**

Morning came much faster than I wanted, and by the time I woke up Mark was gone and Vee was already done getting ready. She didn't seem upset that I had migrated to melody's room, but she did push me to get going.

"Come on, jump in the shower and meet me downstairs. I promised your mom I would get you up in time for school today," she stated throwing a towel at me.

The warmth of Melody's bed practically begged me to stay, but I knew that I had to get back to school eventually, and today would be the day. Sighing, I pulled myself up and trudged over to my bathroom. After turning on the hot water, I stripped my night clothes and jumped under the shower head.

After washing my hair and body, I stood under the flow of the water hoping that is I stayed in long enough, I would turn into a wrinkled raisin. "Come on Sutton! Breakfast is almost ready!" Vee shouted, banging on the bathroom door a couple of times.

I reluctantly turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my dripping wet body. I avoided the mirror at all costs as I opened the bathroom door into my room. Me and Melody were both lucky to have bathrooms connected to our rooms, it was something I always appreciated.

The clothes Vee picked were lying out on the bed. I pulled on the faded dark blue jeans after putting on my undergarments. Then I shrugged on the off the shoulder sweater and made my way downstairs, the smell of eggs and bacon filling my nose.