"Who was the first?" He growled, his eyes growing darker by the second.

This time I smirked really wide, "You won't like that." I told him.

"Who?" He growled.

"You sure you want to know?" I asked, he stared at me for a while before I sighed, taking that as a yes, "It was Blaine. Right back when I was sixteen."

He growled lowly then.

I suppose this didn't help, but I added, "He was 24."

At that he growled and flipped me over so he was laying on top of me, slightly supporting his weight with one hand.

He lowered his head on mine, and with a slight gasp I easily responded to his kiss.

He was putting a lot into it, it was possibly the most intense one that we had shared.

All I could focus on was what he was doing, from his soft hand that was running up the side of my stomach to my own hands which had wound up in his hand, and my one leg which I had propped up on top of his.

Just as I began to pull him closer he abruptly stopped and leaned back, taking a small step away from me.

"You may have been with a lot of men Skylar, but none will make you react to them like I can." He was breathing heavily, almost in anger, "None of them are your mate."

That was when he turned around and left in anger.

I wasn't sure where he had gone.

I collapsed back on the bed, my breathing was heavy, yearning for him to come back, but he didn't.

And to think, we had been so incredibly close to mating.

Sometimes things like this were for the best, I knew that Axel desperately wanted to be with me, as my mate.

And honestly I desperately wanted that too.

But quite frankly it was better for him if it didn't happen.

It wasn't impossible to break a bond after marking, but it was tough.

I didn't want to do it, of course not.

But I was willing to risk my own unhappiness if it meant he was happy.

I guess that's what love is.

Mating with him would mean ruling out the possibility of him having another mate.

As much as that pained me, for him, I would suffer through it.

I closed my eyes then, thinking about how I could possibly bring up the topic.

It was instances like this that would perhaps show him how another mate would be better for him.

Before I could get too far with my thoughts, the door banged open and my eyes flew open, to see Axel there looking irritated.

I sat up straight and looked towards him, giving him a questioning glance.

"Stop it right now."  He said, sternly.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"I know what you're thinking so stop it."  he ordered.

My eyes widened, "It's what's best for you."

He shook his head, "Shut up and stop overthinking things."

I was about to retort, but then he came over and grabbed me and kissed me again, and thinking back to the previous session, I was quick to return his movement.

When he released me he looked down at me with still dark eyes, "You're what is best for me, and whether you like it or not I'm not going anywhere."

I smiled at that slightly, "Guess I'm stuck with you, then."

"Like glue." he replied, before pulling me back towards him.

_______________________________________

An update! What a shock!

I know and I'm sorry! I have been focusing on updating my other story 'Ember' and putting my new book up 'Vision', but soon the updates for this will literally be daily until it is done, and after that the spin-off will come out!

While you're waiting for an update, go check out my new book 'vision'!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/44532844-vision

'Vision' - copyright 2015 ItWasTheBestSongEver

Nineteen-year-old Charlotte Benson was always known as a freak. From a young age, her pack shunned her because she was special. Some said she had a blessing, she believed it to be a curse. Charlotte never wanted to see the future, it was selective. Nothing useful came from seeing countless attacks on packs seconds before they occurred. In fact, the images of death plagued her, leaving her a broken mess. She hid her gift from her pack, but it isn't long before they discover her secret and banish her to the prison, not wanting to offend the goddess, they plan to execute her. Little did she know her saviour is waiting just around the corner. Liam Sutton is Alpha of the Nightfall pack, and is furious to find his very own mate being isolated from her pack, he doesn't know why, but he intends to find out. However, her secret may just be the reason they get torn apart.

Cover is the picture to the side!

Or if you haven't read it already, go read 'Ember' https://www.wattpad.com/story/18817560-ember

I would recommend reading if you are wanting to read the spin-off because it's more related to Ember really than it is this book, but you can still read it without reading Ember! The prologue for 'Phoenix' will be up in a few days (hopefully along with another update for this!)

Please vote/comment if you liked it!