Chapter 7

"(Y/n)..." The tone of Psiioniic's voice sounded worried just like Zarola's mews, but I didn't respond I just was sitting on the ground glare at my destroyed home. Psiioniic sat next to me willing to give me a comforting hug. Of course I let him. To be honest I needed one. But I just... Stayed in my position as he hugged my not hugging him back. He rested his chin on my head avoiding the long horns. "It'th okay... Thheth okay, okay?" I shook my head in disagreement mumbling "nothing would ever be okay again." Like how could it be okay? My home and mother is gone...
A sigh escaped his mouth as he let go of me getting up. I watched him as he walked through the rubbish in the former home. "(Y/n)... You know.... Thith hath jutht been rethently burnt" I glared up at his comment trying to understand what he meant. Although by the expression of my face it already looked like he knew what I was asking. "I mean ith that they may thtill be around. Thinthe itth new. The fire mutht of occurred thometime latht night" he explained. I got up to my feet walking over to the crumbled parts of my former home. I crouched down looking close at the burnt pasts and I had to admit... He was right. This fire was recent and this made me super excited. I stood back up straight a small smile forming on my face. "We better start searching then! If it's true they should be close!" I did a little cheerful jump grabbing both of Psiioniic's hands. "Let's go look! Please please pleaseeeee" I sounded so desperate but in reality I was desperate. He did another sigh like he always does and did a small nod. Instead of a smal smile my face was a full on grin! "Yesssss! Let's go!" I looked over at the meow beast picking her up. "Hey Zarola? Think you can find the scent of someone near by?" It was really the only way to explain it. A group maybe to hard for a kit like her to smell. She was no barkbeast but I knew she should just have just as good as a nose like them. Zarola gave me a nod like she understood. Psiioniic still seemed surprised by how I could still manage  on communicate properly with this meowbeast and then understanding me completely. Guess you could say it's a special power of mine. Hahaha just kidding I have no special abilities. They just manage to understand me by how well I treat them. I Laid Zarola back to the ground watching her begging to hop off. I grabbed Psiioniic's wrist and began to run off following Zarola dragging him along. I giggle slightly at the sudden yelp noise he did by me coming by to suddenly drag him. I would of laughed more than that if I wasn't so concentrated on following Zarola. I did here Psiioniic tell me to slow down that he was about to trip but I kind of ignored him. I though he was joking around and I didn't want to lose track of Zarola. One because we are trying to find mother and two Zarola is still in no condition to be completely on her own. Though I did suddenly feel myself fall over by the sudden weight that hit my back. Hitting the ground I tried to immediately get back up but I couldn't by the heavy feeling on my back. "Th-thorry... I told you I wath gonna trip" I heard Psiioniic mumble as I felt the weight in my back vanish. I stood back up glaring over at the troll but I couldn't help but to laugh slightly. "It's fine it's fine. I should of listened. I'm sorry" I patted his back looking over to see if Zarola was still around. A relief sigh escaped my mouth when I spotted the little meowbeast still there. I stopped walking over to Zarola but I only saw her  run off again. Thats when I broke into a run as well grabbing Psiioniic's wrist again. The run wasn't long as before. Soon Zarola stopped ant we did as well. My eyes widen at what I then saw. It was... Dolorosa! She was alive i knew it! Of course I knew they wouldn't kill her but you could always be so sure. Zarola looked at me her tail wagging side to side like a dog. A smile came across my face as tears began to form in my eyes. I went down giving Zarola a pet whispering 'good girl' I was going to make a run for it. I was planing it. But Psiioniic grabbed my hand before I did. "No wait" his voice was in a whisper. "Thith ith to eathy." He pointed at Dolorosa who was laying passes out on the ground and then pointed to the bushes around it. I growled slightly knowing it was a trap. I whispered back "can't you just use your ability to get her???" Psiioniic shook his head. "It's thtill to obviouth and when we get her where are we thuppothe to go? We'd get caught" sadness began to hit me when I heard that comment. I thought for a bit more and the soon looked back to Psiioniic. "I know a place" I began. "Signless and I used to call it our special place. It's a deep cave just like Disciples but a bit deeper. It's so dark also that it be enough to to fight them off if the even far think of entering" I gave in a smirk as he respond giving me an 'not bad' look. I picked up Zarola to soon then look over at Psiioniic giving him a nod. Psiioniic hands extended out as he looked at dolorosa as he began to us his ability to pick her up. The sound of ruffle noises from near by bushes began. It was a trap as Psiioniic said but we had to think quick. Then Psiioniic got her he looked at be with a nod before we made a run for it. I could hear the ruffles noise loud and clear than before. We kept running and running. I was so glad we were in a forest instead out in the open. I made a sharp turn almost falling but I kept running hopping Psiioniic was still following. After a while my legs began to ache. I seemed to forgot how long the place used to be and how a terrible the choice to run was. I looked back seeing Psiioniic who look dreadfully tired like me. But I knew we were close just a little farther. Just a little farther and we would be safe! I looked at Zarola for a brief second who looked alerted. Could Blame her since we are practically being chased...still. After on sharp turn I looked to see a familiar place. Without a hesitation I went in it. I could hear the sound of our own foot steps as we ran. I looked back one more time to make sure Psiioniic followed me into the cave. Knowing he did it made me glad and relieved. I then his behind a large bolder grabing Psiioniic dragging him along. He made sure Dolorosa was as well hidden.we remained silent in the dark corners soon hearing the noises of foot steps in the cave. And man of them seemed pissed off by their growls and the sound of their voice.

"We lost them...in this gog damn cave..." One of them growled while the other said "...guess we will have to report to him about this...." The same guy who spoke first I think replied with "...you kidding me? If we do we are screwed"

"What choice to we even have? Come on! Let's go jeez"

The voices the soon began to fade away as well as the foot steps. I was so confused at first who was "him". I just shook my head to ignore that thought as I looked over to Psiioniic. "I think it's clear now" I whispered getting back up. I wasn't joking when I said it was dark. I looked once more at Psiioniic watching him put Dolorosa down. The smile came bad to my face as I went down over to her. It was to dark to see her here so I had to just predict she was just passed out. Well she was breathing so it made sense. I looked at the exit at the cave as I could see the small beam of light come from it. I guess it would be safe to leave at night. So during the time being we had to wait. Psiioniic sat next to me as he slowly took Zarola off my arms. I could hear her purr nuzzling Psiioniic making me giggle a bit. "Thank you" Psiioniic looked at me with a confused expression. "For what? Taking the meowbeatht from you" I laughed once more slightly. "No silly. For helping me get mother back!" A small blush came across Psiioniic's face but I didn't seem to notice. Zarola made an annoyed meow before I realized what I missed. "Ah yes! And thank you for helping my track her down" after that Zarola just did another cheerful purr with a mew. "So...what do you think we could do until the night comes or Mother wakes up?" I then asked Psiioniic to see if he had any ideas. He gave me a small shrug. "You have Zarola. You could play with her. Or we could jutht talk. Or we could explore the cave. To he honetht we could do anything you like here" I smirked shaking my head. "To be honest why don't we just rest and talk. Like you second option. Because Zarola is tired. I'm tired. You're tired. I think it's the best option." Right when I said that the meowbeast did a little yawn. What a perfect timing haha. I looked at the other as he gave me a nod in agreement. By that I immediately laid down on my back next to Psiioniic while he did same. I laid Zarola on my stomachs and just simply stared at the ceiling of the dark cave. "Sometimes I wonder it Signless and Disciple is alright" I mumbled to him. His head turned to me as I remain glaring at above. But I know he was looking at me. "I bet they're fine. They have each other to take care of themselves like how we have each other" a small blush came across my face but I was very glad it was too dark to even be notice. Psiioniic did have a point. And...and I still don't understand why I get all blushie around him...like this isn't like me at all. It's just like back in the forest when we rested. The feelings are coming back. But I tried to ignore them as I forced a response to his answer. "T-True"