Eventually, hunger got the better of Lauren, and she pulled over at the first drive thru she could find. Hoping that Presley was fine with chicken nuggets, she drove for a little bit longer until she found the small park she'd noticed on the way there.

"Camz."

"Baaaabe," Lauren hummed, squeezing Camila's hand and nudging her shoulder lightly. The girl in the passenger seat stirred slightly before reaching up and wiping her eyes.

"Are we home yet?" Camila mumbled groggily, yawning before looking over at Lauren. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she didn't recognize the surroundings.

"Not yet," Lauren shook her head. "Are you hungry?" she asked, holding up the brown paper bag of food. Camila's eyes shot open and she nodded quickly, making Lauren laugh.

"Here," Lauren handed Camila the bag. "I'll grab Presley."

Lauren circled around to the back of the car, carefully unbuckling the smaller girl's seatbelt. As she pried Presley out of the car seat, the child stirred awake and sleepily wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck. The brown eyed girl yawned quietly, resting her head on Lauren's shoulder.

"We got you something to eat," Lauren said softly, closing the door behind her and following Camila over to a picnic table set in the shade under a tree. "Are you hungry?"

Presley nodded against Lauren's shoulder before lifting her head and studying their surroundings. Her face softened slightly, and Lauren thanked the universe that it was a nice day out.

"Here," Lauren laughed softly, setting the girl down on the top of the picnic table where she immediately sat cross legged. "Are chicken nuggets okay?"

The caramel haired girl nodded, allowing Lauren to breathe a sigh of relief. As they divided out their food, Presley seemed to devour hers before Lauren even got a chance to take a bite of her sandwich.

When the smaller girl was finished, Camila noticed how she kept glancing over at the playground beside them.

"You can go play, if you want," Camila said softly. The smaller girl nodded hopefully, even looking at Lauren for approval before climbing down from the table and venturing over to the small playground.

Lauren sighed, watching as Presley nudged a rock with her foot. "I wish she'd talk to us."

"She will," Camila shrugged. "Her... her brain has to think, first. It does not know what to say yet. But it will," she nodded reassuringly. The brown eyed girl spoke as if she had no doubt in the world, which comforted Lauren.

"I don't think she likes me," Lauren whispered, biting her lip. To her confusion, Camila laughed.

"You think too much," her wife shook her head. "She is a kid. They like everyone. She gave you wings, too. You are special. She is going to remember you because you are helping her."

"Do you remember the people who helped you?" Lauren asked curiously.

Camila nodded. "My teacher. She made me food to take home... for a long time. And my aunt had friends at church. They would watch me on Sundays. I remember them."

"I'm glad you understand what she's going through," Lauren sighed, resting her elbow on the table and laying her head in her hand. "This is all new to me."

"That is why we are a team," Camila shrugged. "You know some, and I know some. Together we are better. You and me."

"Me and you," Lauren whispered, feeling Camila place a hand overtop hers.

Small footsteps turned their attention behind them, where Presley padded back to the table. She held up a dandelion, showing the girls the fluffy white plant.