Part Four: Spring

A.N. Part 4! There's one more, and I'm also posting it today. Almost done. Thanks for reading, yaa~? *is happy*

If this was a sequel to Advice, well... It's a nice thought, but... I think it's better as a stand-alone oneshot. :) Let me know what you thought of it haha. I still have a few stories but they are utter crap so I dunno if anyone would read them, trolol. *sweatdrops*

Enjoy this part of sorts, but not too much. :)

*************************************************************************************

Ash loves Gary during spring.

He loves the way Gary sits in the middle of their backyard, surrounded by cheery Pidgeys and joyful Rattatas. They feast on the Pokémon food in Gary's hand, mewling out their "thank you"s with a single happy cry.

He loves how Gary tries to copy the whistling of the visiting Taillows, and flaps his arms around like them when he thinks noone is looking. The emerald-eyed boy epically fails at reaching the high notes, and Ash can't help but burst out laughing at the absurdity of his beloved's actions.

He loves Gary's colourful sunflowers, rosemaries, lilies, periwinkles and osirias - rows of flowers sprouting freshly at the newly fertilized garden bed just outside their house. Ash never did understand one's love for gardening. His mother loves planting vegetables, while Gary has a secret love for flowers. "My mother used to do it. My sister taught me how to," is what Gary mentions when asked about it. Apparently every flower represents someone dear to him, and Gary adds a new kind everytime a new person makes their way into his heart. 'Not that it often happened,' Ash tells himself reassuringly. Seven years ago was the day Gary last planted a new flower: the ever-so-unique osiria. "Because outside you may appear to be simple and pure," Ash remembers Gary pointing out to the white parts of the petals before proceeding to the red parts, "...but inside, you are the most beautiful of all things ever created."

Ash loves to walk with Gary to a neighbourhood park a few streets away from their house. In the park, they fly kites shaped like Pokémon, interchanging from Skarmory to Drifblim or Noivern every year. There's a small pond in the middle of the park, where Psyducks like to waddle and splash in crazily and clumsily. Gary always brings a loaf of bread to the park to feed them, just so the Duck Pokémon don't completely lose their minds. Ash loves it when Gary's compassionate, but of course, he prefers it if Gary babied him instead of Psyducks. It's almost funny, the pouty face the hazel-eyed boy pulls as he watches his boyfriend pet the heads of grateful Psyducks, and if Gary could actually see it, he may have laughed. Maybe.

During spring, the two boys also go berry picking in the acre-wide berry fields near Camphrier Town. Gary eyes every kind of berry, from the Iapapa, the Rawst to the Cornn Berry, as this season he's decided to do further research on new types of berry mutations and their effects on Pokémon. After three baskets of all sorts of fruits, the emerald-eyed boy includes a bunch solely consisting of Custap Berries, which is the sweetest berry to use when making smoothies despite its slightly bitter taste.

Spring is the season of new life, and so Gary and Ash both fly to Floaroma Town to overlook the nearby cherry blossoms bloom and a multitude of flower buds open up to face the sun. 'It's all so amazing,' Ash thinks, referring to the endless colour of lilac, pink, yellow and scarlet, and of course - the honey sweet scent of each type of plant mixing in with the crispy spring breeze. Sometimes the wind carries some of these newly-opened blossoms; its coral petals being caressed into a contemporary dance. Gary bears in mind to catch at least one of these blossoms to put in display back home. Like a fallen samurai sacrificing his life for his emperor, he remembers a particular someone, as symbolized by the drifting flowers. Gary kisses the blossom before placing it in a jar, Ash once again hugging Gary from behind.

Every spring, Gary invites Ash as well as Misty and Brock to have a picnic in the middle of the flower-inhabited field in Floaroma. Club sandwiches and orange juice are passed around while quiet bits of chit chat and soft chuckles are exchanged between the two life-long couples. Misty and Ash both chase Beautiflys around, with Ash challenging the water type gym leader that he could befriend a Butterfly Pokémon amongst the swarm first.

After Ash suffers a great loss, he lies down next to Gary, who is looking up at the azure sky to look for clouds with distinctive shapes. There's always an angel-shaped cloud around this time of year. Ash has theorized it to be the guardian angel of those who are in love, and so the two always look for it when given the chance. "I mean, look at the heart thing it's holding. It's got to be a love angel! Maybe seeing one means that we'd be together forever, right Gary?" Ash protested passionately. Gary didn't believe him then but until now he still looks for it anyway, because secretly he's been praying to stay with Ash forever and ever and ever.

Spring. The season of new beginnings, with the intermittent shower of petals riding the wind in a slow and graceful manner. The season of radiant rainbow blossoms breaking out of their hidden shells to reveal a beauty that is appreciated by all. Spring, with the crisp fruity breeze and the constant chitter chatter of Pokémon emerging from hibernation. The season of happiness, of promises, and of hopes and dreams.

Oh yes. Ash loves Gary during spring.

Even in Gary's happiness Ash will rejoice along with him, and be there to give his love to the boy who has his heart.