Entry 1 - Foundations

Start from the beginning

"Well, I don't think she should go unpunished for that little stunt she pulled last week. Those names she called us were awfully rude. It would leave the wrong impression if we simply dismissed it. We're not known to be ignorant or forgiving, are we Claire?"

Protip #2 about being a queen: You're expected to administer justice. If you don't, things will start to get messy.

Bonus tip: It's easier to make others fear you than love you.

"No, we're definitely not. What was her crush's name again?"

"Chase," she answered simply and I smirked. Even his name was pathetic.

Chase Reynolds completed our town with it's own little sprinkling of cliche. Taking into account his flashy, bright red Harley, signature leather jacket, and completely exaggerated reputation, Chase was every twelve year old girl's fantasy. And apparently, Imogen's as well.

Sure he was pretty attractive, but any girl in the inner circle should've had the intelligence to look past that.

I came to a consensus quickly. "Alright I like it, let's move. Savannah, you're at my right."

Savannah smiled victoriously for saying something that pleased me, and Gemma scowled as she moved back. The onlookers in the hallway must've noticed the change in the air. More pairs of eyes watched us as we moved, eager for their daily dose of drama.

I stopped short and cringed once I noticed the black on black leather that Chase was wearing. Penelope was the only one giving me a sympathetic look. The other girls were practically drooling.

I rolled my eyes. "Stay here," I told them and confidently walked to Chase. He was facing away from me, talking to one of his friends until I tapped his shoulder.

He turned around and he gave me a long look up and down. "What?" He snapped.

I frowned. Was this the work of Imogen? I knew bad boys were supposed to be moody, but I wasn't used to being dismissed.

I pouted and looked up at him. "That's not very nice."

He laughed sarcastically. "I'm sorry. What do I owe this pleasure?"

I grinned and I knew he could see a spark from the challenge in my eyes. "Just your company."

"I'm not interested," Chase replied easily. I studied him, and measured his words.  He was good at being mysterious and that made it more difficult for me.

I looked up at him seemingly unfazed and smiled flirtily. "Are you sure?"

If I was confident, then he was cocky. The boy half-grinned. "Sorry, princess. You don't cut it for me."

I knew when I smelled bluff and I grinned, stepping closer to him. "That's a shame," I murmured. "Can you tell me why?"

"Because you're-" He looked at my hands that found their way around his neck.

"I'm what?" I asked innocently, biting my lip and looking up at him.

Chase relented. "So incredibly hot."

He took the bait, leaning in and closing the distance between us. I felt myself being backed against the locker wall as surprised sounds and whistles came from his obnoxious friends.

I didn't mind the audience, and Chase happened to be a good kisser, so I let this go on for a while until his tongue brushed my bottom lip trying to deepen it.

I broke away and pushed him against the lockers. Then I put my face close to his and gave him a hostile look. "Congratulations, Chase. You got to kiss me. But this was a one time thing. Consider yourself lucky and don't ever expect anything more."