Chapter 55: Confessing To Rose

Start from the beginning

His friends said nothing, though Scorpius didn't expect them to. It was probably hard for them to digest such horrid information.

Finally, Albus broke the silence and said, "You know you're going to have to tell Rose, right?"

Scorpius's breath hitched, his heart sinking at the thought. "Yes."

"Good," said Holly. "As much as you don't want to tell her, she deserves to know what happened."

It would be the hardest thing Scorpius had ever done, but he knew he couldn't keep a secret as big as this. And it was best if she heard it from him and not from someone else, or worse, Natalia. With a shaky sigh, he got up off his bed and headed for the door, prepared to break the girl of his dream's heart.

"Scorpius, here," Holly said, making Scorpius stop in his tracks. He turned around, when she handed him what appeared to be a hair tie. "I charmed it so you can get up the girls' stairs."

Scorpius knew she was referring to the disappearing stairs leading up to the girls' dormitories if a boy tries to go up there. He nodded meekly at Holly for her thoughtfulness.

"Wish me luck," he told he friends, slowly heading out the door.

When he exited the room, he overheard Holly whimpering to Albus, "I don't want them to end."

With all his heart, Scorpius didn't want that either.

The walk to Rose's room was one of the most agonizing things he'd ever had to endure. The whole time, he had to restrain himself from tearing up or turning around. No, he had to do this. She deserves to know. It was now or never.

Ignoring the various glares from girls heading up to their dormitories, Scorpius finally made it to Rose and Holly's bedroom door. His heart was pounding in fear at a dangerous rate. He swore he'd been standing in front of the door for at least five minutes, contemplating what he should say.

May I suggest-

NO, Scorpius thought to Salazar Slytherin, not caring that he just cut off a Founder of Hogwarts.

Annoyed, he frustratingly knocked on the door. Then he froze in horror.

What did I just do?!

Panicking, Scorpius debated on running away. Then he heard Rose yell, "Go away!"

Her voice was tight, like she'd been crying. Why was she crying? It couldn't be because...

Oh, no...

"Rose, it's me," Scorpius called through the door, praying Rose would let him in.

There was a pause before Rose replied, her voice especially bitter, "Scorpius Malfoy, go away."

She called him by his first and last name. This was not going to go well at all.

Scorpius decided to grab the doorknob and barge into her room, and by some miracle, the door was unlocked. But as soon as he walked through the doorway, he stopped short and surveyed the room. Nearly everything was demolished.

It was obvious that Rose had let her emotions go and her powers take over. Clothing, books, parchment, and other various items were dispersed all around the room, making it difficult to walk anywhere. Some things were even floating around in the air. Rose would never let something like this happen, so Scorpius knew something was terribly wrong.

He finally spotted Rose laying face-down on her bed, her body spasming as she sobbed on a pillow. The sight broke Scorpius heart.

"Rose?" he said, glancing warily at a floating, lit candle. He quickly blew it out as it flew past him.