Tales

2:30am
I can't just figure out why I'm awake,I can't just wait to try out all the stuff I and Carla had gone shopping for,Carla came around yesterday after church and we checked the rest,she said and I quote 'we are on a mission to put your boss in his place' yea right stretching my hand to reach my makeup table so as to get my Mp4,I scrolled and played 'leave me astounded' by Planetshakers,
turning and pulling my blanket way over my head,I closed my eyes and begged God to make the time 6:30am.

7:00am
Looking at myself in the full length mirror in my room,I couldn't stop smiling,I looked like a lady (which I am),I couldn't just figure out why my mum was screaming my name,grabbing my work bag,I walked downstairs to see a very enthusiastic mother.
I really don't know where she gets the strength from.

"I'm here mum,what can I do for you"

"So Carla told me what you girls are up to with your boss"

It took me some seconds to realize that Carla had told my mum her plan, "Mum,Ladies"

Walking to the cookie jar and taking a few cookies, ignoring my mum glaring at me, "mum,it's not what 'we girls are up to' it's 'what Carla is up to'

She frowned "it sounds fun though"

"I doubt it.... I gotta go mum,laters baby"

She stood akimbo in her pink gown and yellow apron,with her hair up with a rubber band,"I told you not to watch that movie"

"I'm nineteen soon to be twenty mum,do you really expect me to listen to you about a movie,seriously??" I smirked.

"Thanks love for stealing my cookies and for watching a movie I told you not to watch"

I laughed "Mum,Fifty Shades of Grey isn't even half bad as you imagined and I know I wasn't meant to watch it,curiosity got the best of me,I'm sorry, and if I don't eat those cookies,who will,love ya mum"

I dashed out before she could respond.

9:00am
He walked in,with that stupid smile on his face,he looked around,"is no one around yet?"

"None that I know of,I work just here Sir"

I just couldn't stop the sarcasm from flowing.

He smiled "your rudeness is well appreciated"

He walked towards the elevator,pushed the button and went in,I couldn't believe I had done that,I pray I don't get sacked before the middle of the year.

Doing the usual,getting amazing people who ask where this place was or where to get this or that,it was really amazing,and not seeing him was a relief to my soul,

"You look amazing Alisha"

I looked up from the movie I was watching on my phone and smiled, "Good afternoon Brittany"

She frowned "don't be too businesslike with me"

I chuckled "Okay B"

She inhaled "now,that sounds sexy"

"Well,it won't sound sexy if my bestie found out,we call each other that"

She came and sat on a little chair kept next to mine for reasons unknown, maybe to keep my bag or something "B??"

"Nope,my name's Alisha,so it's A,and Carla,so that's C"

She smiled "Nice"

"So what can I do for you,Miss Brittany"

She was taken aback,and then she started laughing,she made those really loud sounds. I pray he doesn't come downstairs.

"You are so funny Alisha....o no....A" she winked.

I laughed.

"So what are you doing this Saturday"

"Nothing really"

"Okay,would you like to come for my engagement party" she handed me an invite "and yea,it's strictly by invitation and since you told me about your friend,she can come" she gave me another,she smiled and stood up "I have to head up before 'the boss' gets cranky" she winked and left.

I couldn't stop smiling,this was really nice,I was being invited for a societal engagement party.

NOTED: Brittany is friendly.

Picking up my phone from my work bag,I called Carla.

"Hey,how are u cupcake"

Carla yawned "Sorry,who is this?"

Rolling my eyes "C,it's me,didn't you check 'caller ID' and why would you feel like sleeping in the middle of the day??"

Carla sighed "because i'm human A,and no one has shown up to check arts at the gallery"

"awwww my sweet cupcake cookie bestie"

"Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww,would you state why you called me A??"

"Ok..ay,chill,I wasn't the one who told you to work at a gallery an...."

"A" impatience registered in her voice.

"Okay,you know Brittany right?? The lady I told you about"

"Yea,I do, YFG lady"

I laughed "Yea,she was with me not too long ago,she's really friendly,we talked,and then" Silence.

"Please A,i'm not ready for any suspense"

"She invited both of us for her engagement party this Saturday,I talked about you and then she said you could come along"

.............

"C??,are you still there??"

...........

"C??"

"I LOVE JESUS!!!!!!,that's great A,you are the best,did you open it,where,what should we wear"

I had to move my phone away from my ear,Carla was screaming

"No,I haven't"

"We'll check it together"

"Okay,love ya sexy"

"Ooo she's back"

She laughs "later A"

"Muahhh".