"I just don't want to do these interviews anymore. Or photoshoots-"

"Then fuck them." Pete snapped. "We don't have to do this shit."

"Ryan said you have to do damage control on the bad press."

"I don't have to do anything. I'm going to be rich either way. It's just be a loss of a couple million dollars."

"It's not just that. I don't want to be recorded and video taped and photographed everywhere I fucking go!" He reached over to grab his face in his hands. Staring deep into Pete's dark eyes. "I want to have a normal relationship with you!"

"There's no such thing as a normal relationship." Pete stared back with dulled eyes.

"Yes there is! It's just impossible to have one with a famous billionaire!"

"Look," He ripped Patrick's hands away from his face. "Either you love me enough to deal with all the baggage, or you don't."

"It's not that simple."

"It's totally that simple."

"I love you, I just don't love this!" He motioned around them at nothing in particular. "Maybe I'm not cut out for the life you live-"

"You know what?" Pete inhaled deeply and let the breath out slowly. His eyes snapped back to Patrick's. His expression hardened. "I'm not dealing with this whiny shit."

The hurt hit Patrick like two trains coming from both sides of the track. Yes, he'd just been saying the same thing. But it didn't feel good to have it thrown back at him.

"It's always a new drama with you every single day. You told me to pick and I did. And now you want to try and leave me after I picked you? Hell no."

"I-"

"You're not leaving me. I revolved too much of my life around you. I'm not going to give you up."

"Pete-"

"Some people like to say if you love something you should let it go. But fuck that! Why the hell should I let go of someone I worked so hard to get? Someone I hurt for. Someone I begged for. Someone I gave my whole got damn heart to. It'll be a cold day in hell before I just let you walk out on me because some bitchy reporter hurt your feelings." His hand stretched out and grabbed Patrick's. Warmth spread through him as he intertwined their fingers. "So until I see the devil purchasing parkas, you're not going anywhere."

Patrick laughed. He couldn't help it.

"You're an asshole."

"And you're stuck with me."

"I'm really tired of feeling hurt, Pete."

"I'm not about to lie and tell you you'll never be hurt again. This isn't some romance novel from the fifties where we get hitched and live a perfect life. Shit gets hard in real life. You don't think that sometimes I want to just quit this all and become an accountant?"

Patrick laughed again. "It'd make things so much easier."

"I'm not really good at math."

Patrick laughed harder. This time tears sparked to his eyes. He didn't know if they were happy or sad tears.

"Stop putting me in these fucking situations." He sniffed.

"I'll try my hardest." Patrick nodded at his words. "I love you, okay?"

He nodded again. "I love you too."

Pete broke into a lopsided grin. He tightened his hand in Patrick's and pulled him closer. So they were chest to chest. Nose to nose.

"I'm completely ignoring the fact that you kissed that man."

Patrick felt himself sigh.

"Thank-"

"If you talk to him again, I'll beat the living shit out of him. If you go near him, I'll break his fucking arms and legs. If you touch him." Pete paused to take a deep breath. "I'll kill him."

The words were whispered with so much calm and confidence that it scared Patrick. And he wasn't even the one being threatened. There was no doubt in his mind that Pete could actually do it.

"I'll stay away from him." He promised.

"I love you." He said again. Pursing his lips against Patrick's.

Patrick smiled agaisnt his mouth. He could feel butterflies filling his stomach. Everything was going to be okay now.

"You're insane." He laughed lightly.

Pete laughed too. But the word stuck with him. Insane. Was he insane? He thought back to his threat. That didn't sound like the words of a sane person. Maybe he was insane. But only for Patrick.

*Goes to watch Patrick Stump sing Uma Thurman acoustic on YouTube*
*Watches his perfection*
*Cries*
*Listens to the way he says the word MIRACLE*
*Dies a little bit*
*Comes Back*
*Watches again*
*Cries more*
*Writes new chapter while crying*

Enjoy!