"It's quite an interesting situation," Moody grunted, stepping forward. "The Goblet's a highly magical object, tricky to fool, nothing a fourth year would be able to do, no matter how advanced he may be. A strong confundus may work, perhaps to trick it into thinking there's a fourth school competing." His magical eye whirled in every direction. "The fact that he's been entered suggests a more nefarious purpose here. Someone probably wants Potter harmed, and sees this tournament as a way to make that happen."

Harry's mind went to the threat he had received from Malfoy at the World Cup that summer. There was no doubt in his mind in that instant that Voldemort was gaining strength.

The professors turned to Crouch, who had remained silent up to this point. "I'm afraid the rules are binding. As of this moment, Mr. Potter is our fourth champion."

Ludo clapped his hands. "Well then! The first task will take place on the twenty-fourth of November, and will be a test of your daring and courage. As such, you will not be told what the task will entail until the morning of. You will be allowed nothing but your wand."

The gathering broke up after that, with Minerva leading Cedric and Harry through the now empty Great Hall.

When they reached the point where Cedric would turn left to the Hufflepuff common room, he stopped and turned to face Harry. "I believe you, Harry," he told the younger boy. "From what I've learned in the last few months, you're not a liar. If you say you didn't do it, you didn't. I'll make sure my housemates know that too."

Harry nodded gratefully. He had known that Susan would stand beside him, but he hadn't been sure about the rest of their house. "Thanks, Cedric," he replied.

Minerva smiled, bidding the prefect good night, with a parting, "Five points to Hufflepuff, Mr. Diggory, for showing true loyalty."

Cedric grinned, and waved to the two before disappearing down the hall.

Minerva left Harry at the Fat Lady's portrait, with a parting hug and a promise to inform Sirius and Remus of the situation.

Harry took a deep breath and steeled himself to enter the common room.

There was less noise coming from the room than he had expected, but the reason was made perfectly clear when he cleared the portrait hole and saw Ginny taking her brothers to task for actually thinking Harry would have entered himself.

Fred and George looked properly chastised, and Harry couldn't help but smile slightly at the sight.

Ron was standing off to the side, looking bemused, but there were traces of guilt in his expression that hinted to Harry that he may have said something about his competing in the tournament, and had been reamed out by Ginny as well.

Hermione was the first one to notice him, and her squeal drew all their attention. People started to clap and cheer, but Harry just held up one hand - the one that wasn't currently being crushed by Hermione's hug - and told them what he had told the professors and other champions. "I did not enter my name," he implored, his bright green eyes even more piercing now that they were unhidden by glasses. "I don't need any more fame or fortune, and I really don't want to do this. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter that I didn't enter myself, just the fact that I was chosen means that I am magically bound to compete. I thank you all for your support, and I promise to do my upmost to not get myself killed."

There was some scattered laughter, and fortunately, it seemed like most of them actually believed him. He suspected the efforts he had been making this year to actually get to know his peers had helped.

He met Ginny's gaze, and jerked his eyes upwards, as his free hand held up one finger covertly. She nodded, and he carefully extracted himself from Hermione, promising her that they would talk more tomorrow, before he went up to bed.