The Date

Derek Pov:

We make our way to my apartment to drop off Jasmine's bag.

We pull up to my apartment build and starting getting out the car.

"Wow! You live in a nice apartment complex." Jasmine says.

"Thanks. My friend recommended this complex to me." I said nervously.

We walk up the stairs to my apartment and walked inside.

"You have a good view of the pool." Jasmine said as she stares out the window.

"Yeah. I guess. I don't really look down there that much." I said.

"Do you want to go for a swim after we get back?" Jasmine asked.

"Sure, if isn't to late when we come back." I said.

"Okay. Where's your bathroom? I need to change." Jasmine Asked. 

"It's down the hall to your left." I said. 

She walks down to the bathroom to go get changed. I walk to my bedroom and decided to get changed into something more presentable for the restaurant we're going too.

I head back to the living room and sit on the couch and wait for her to come out.

Jasmine Pov:

I walk into the bathroom to get ready, when I walk in the bathroom was huge. It had a bath tube as big as a hot tube, double sinks and a fancy looking toilet. I sat my bag down on top of the toilet seat and grab my long black dress and red heels out of it. I put on my dress and heels and put my hair into a high bun. I walk out of the bathroom and head back into the living room. 

Derek Pov:

I hear the bathroom door open, I stand and look down the hall. It's dark but I can still see her. I see Jasmine walking into the living room with her bag in her hand. I looked what she had on, and she looked absolutely breath-taking. The dress hugged her in all the right places and the red heels topped it off. I was so focus on her outfit I didn't even hear her talking to me.

"Huh?" I said nervously.

"I was asking where do I put my bag?"She said.

"Mmm...Take it to the first door on your right." I said.

She turned around and walked down the hall. I could tell she was swaying her hips harder than she usually does. She looked to sexy with that dress on, I don't think I'll be able to control myself during dinner. I can barley control myself now. She came back into the living room with her purse in her hand.

"You ready to go?" I asked her.

"Yes. I'm all set. Let's go eat." She responded.

We walked out my apartment door and headed to the car. 

"So.. what restaurant are we going to?" Jasmine asked.

"It's a surprise. You have to wait and see." I said smiling at her.

 We got in the car and drove to the restaurant. When we got there, there wasn't that many people. So it was much easier to get to our table without a problem. 

"Oh my gosh this place is...so pretty I've never been here before." Jasmine said.

"Me either. It just opened about a few weeks ago." I said.

The waiter took us to our table and asked us what would we like to drink. We both decided to order Red Wine . Jasmine ordered the shrimp salad and I ordered the steak with a salad on the side. We were enjoying our meal until a guy came up to our table. 

Jasmine Pov

Derek and I were enjoying our meal until I see someone come up behind. I look to see who it was and it was Grant my ex-boyfriend. I was shocked I tried to hide my face but it didn't work he was already here.

"Can I help you?" Derek said.

"I just wanted to say hello to my dear friend here." Grant said looking at me. 

"How do you know Jasmine?" Derek asked.

"She was my girlfriend a few months ago. Ain't that right Jas?" Grant said.

"Yes you're right, but we only dated for 3 months because you cheated on me." I said.

"So who is this guy you're with now? Your step daddy." Grant said looking at Derek.

"No. I'm her friend from school. My name is Peter." Derek said.

"You don't look like a student in high school." Grant said.

"I'm not in high school. I go to the local college here."

"Where did you meet Jasmine then?" Grant Asked.

 "I met her when she came for a swim meet at my college." Derek said to plainly. 

I zoned out of their conversation and started thinking how Derek can easily lie. He can tell that Grant was on to something so he started lying. I knew he was on to something too, what was he doing here anyway. He moved to a whole another state. I know that Grant is up to something because of the way his body language is. I snapped back into reality and look at both of them fighting. 

"STOP BOTH OF YOU, PLEASE!!" I said.

Derek was getting ready to punch Grant in the face. Derek had a bloody nose, and Grant lip was busted.

"Peter can we go now, I'm ready to go home. And Grant what is wrong with you coming anywhere near me knowing you were the one that caused our relationship to end." I said. 

I got out of my chair and started walking my way to the front of the restaurant and waited for Derek. I turned and saw him paying for the food we ordered and made his way to me.

"I'm so sorry. My plan wasn't to get in a fight with him. He started talking bad about you so I had to step in." Derek said. 

"I didn't even notice he was talking about me, I must have zoomed out." I said.

"He was calling you a whore and a whole lot of other things." Derek said.

"How did you know he was up to something?" I asked.

"I saw him when he walked in. He looked right at our table, he stayed at the front for about 15 minutes  until he made his to our table." Derek said.

"I'm so sorry this made our date go wrong. After we broke up I had to put a retraining order on him cause he was kind of abusive." I said sadly.

"Jasmine I'm so sorry that happened to you." Derek said.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault. Can we go now?" I said.

We both got in the car and headed to Derek's apartment.