Chapter 21

I taught him how to swing and now he doesn't even want to come off of them. "Come on Elijiah, I brought sandwiches. You better come eat them before the ants do," I say in a sing-song voice. "I'm coming. Hold your horses woman," he says jumping off of the swings that were going so high. I gasp.

"I think you keep forgetting that I'm a vampire," he says as he chuckles and grabs his sandwich. "I do forget that a lot," I say laughing. "This is one good sandwich," he says taking a big bite out of it. "You're welcome," I say flipping my hair again.

After we eat we start walking on the sidewalk around the park. "You turned me into a total kid today," Elijiah says shaking his head chuckling. "That was my plan," I say laughing. "Why?" He says looking at me with his head tilted. "Well, you look a lot younger when you're happy. And you don't smile often. I figured this would make you smile because it always makes me smile," I say smiling.

"I don't smile often, but these days, when I'm around you, I smile way too much. You have a weird affect on me Old Gilbert," he says shaking his head. "You have a weird affect on me too. I always want to take care of you and make you happy. The only person I wanted to take care of was me before I came here. Now, I forget all about me and I want to take care of you," I say spilling my guts. "Well you don't have to worry about taking care of yourself, I'm going to take care of you. Nobody has ever said that to me. Nobody really thinks about my happiness. I'm so glad I met you Mae Gilbert," Elijiah says stopping and looking at me dead in the eyes. Get it? Dead. Vampire. Okay bad time to make jokes. I am not messing up this moment. I really want to kiss him and that won't happen if I mess the moment up again.

"I'm glad I met you too Elijiah Mikaelson. And nobody has to think about your happiness now. I'll keep you happy. I like to think I make the people around me happy," I say chuckling a bit. He chuckles and comes really close to me.

He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me close. I put my hands around his neck and kiss him. Our lips move in sync. This is the most perfect kiss I have ever gotten. Well, this was my first kiss. I move my hands down to his chest and he holds me tighter. We had to stop kissing to take a breath and I look up. He was smiling.

"You do keep me happy Mae."