Chapter 1

Carlisle Cullen  

~1659~

The past 8 months have been some of the happiest and tiring months for my young wife Anna-beth. She found out that she was pregnant and all but burst with happiness. We spoke of what the child name would be often.

"If the child is to be a boy I want to name him after my father." I told her softly while staring at the ceiling one cold, rainy night.  

We lay in bed wrapped in a quilt she had made herself. 

She smiled and nodded her head.

"Of course my love. But I do not believe the baby to be a boy." She said with one of her beautiful smiles. I turned to my wife and stared up into her lovely green eyes. Her black curly hair falling around her heart-shaped face. 

"You do not? What makes you believe otherwise?" I asked her curiously. 

Her eyes lit up and she leaned over and pressed her lips to mine softly. 

"I just do my Carlisle." She said after a moment. 

"What shall we name our darling daughter then?" I said knowing that she must have a name for her.

She watched me for a second. 

"Clairissa Roxanne Cullen." She said confidently. 

I nodded and grinned at her. 

"Little Claire." I said softly. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ 

1month later👶

I held my wife as she screamed in pain. It was late at night and my wife was going into labor. 

"Ahhhhh!!" She screamed out 

"Carlise please! Please just get my baby out!"  

"MARIE!" I yelled desperately. I heard shuffling from the hall and the head maid came into the room almost immediately. 

"Sir?" She said to me. 

"Anne just went into labor can you deliver the baby?" I asked anxiously.  

"Of course sir. I shall send for the other maids to help." I nodded my approval and went to my wife. 

"Carlisle.." She said through heavy breathes. 

"Hold on love. We going to get our darling child out soon." I said tring to soothe her.  

"Her name Carlisle.." She said heavily. 

"I know my love. Clairissa." I said smiling. 

She nodded and let out a blood curling scream. "Marie!" I yelled out again in worry.

That night my wife gave birth to my baby girl Claire. October 31, 1659 a date that will forever be ingrained into my memories for as long as I live.