chatper one

kats pov:

"hey kat, what's up?" angelina asks me as i walk up to my locker, that just happens to be right next to hers.

"well, i'm walking to my locker, and now i'm unlocking it." i joke.

"nah, i couldn't tell," ange says, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"whatever, i gotta go to class," i say and pull out a bag of chips as start to walk down the hallway to my english class.

today is the last day of school and i honestly can't wait to get out of it. it's not like i'm bullied or anything, i actually have plenty of friends, and apparently i'm part of the so called 'popular group' according to my friends. it's just all of the teachers hate me. i think that's just because i like to push their buttons and annoy them, but it's cool because i hate them too.

"kaitlyn, you're late." mr. howard says, sternly.

"oops," i say, as i throw another chip into my mouth and take my seat. the whole class laughs at this, which brightens my mood. my teacher does do anything though, and i knew he wouldn't.

"alright let's just get started with the lesson." mr. howard says.

***********

"hey kat, are you going to the party at sara's after school?" elle asks me, eagerly.

"yeah, if i can get a ride."

"you can just come home with me and i'll take you." she offers, "well if it's okay with your foster parents."

"sounds great," i jump at her offer, "it's not like my foster parents would care anyways."

"cool! are you ready to go?"

"yep, let's go!" i say, and we walk down to the 7th and 8th grade pickup and talk to ariana about the party and what time it starts.

once we get to elles' house she lets me borrow some stuff to bring. now, i'm only in 7th grade, so it's not like your typical high school party with the dancing and the shots and everything. it's a trampoline, a tent, a pond, and a million pairs of sweat pants in someone's backyard.

"are you girls ready to go?" her mom pokes her head through the door.

"yeah, we'll be out in a minute!" elle replies and we both leave her room to get in the car.

once elle's mom drops us off we go to put our stuff in the tent and are greeting by several bags of sour patch kids and chips.

"hey kat, come with me," ariana, the host, whispers to me as i jump out of the tent.

"hey gabi, come with us." ariana says to her as we walk towards the woods.

"what are we doing?" i ask, curiously.

"we're going to see if they notice that we're gone." she explains. i know exactly what's she's doing. see, the two most popular girls in my grade are ariana and camelia, they also happen to be best friends. but earlier today they got into a fight, forcing everyone to choose a side. gabi and i were the only people who choose arianas' side. everyone else choose camelias' side because she is technically nicer and more popular. but i figured that it would be better to be on ariana's side because i wouldn't have any awkward tension with her tonight and gabi thought the same thing and to be honest, i'm actually kind of scared of ariana.

"so how long are we going to wait here?" gabi asks as ariana breaks thorns to get to a spot where the can't find us.

"as long as we need to be," ariana says and she pulls out two bags of sour patch kids out of her pants.