Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – The Entrance

Damian parks the car two blocks from an extremely large skyscraper. He whistles in amazement and says, “I knew it would be big, but damn, what is that? Like  a mile and over three football fields all around!?!? What do you think Carol?”

            Carol is looking away, her arms crossing, and pouting.

            “Are you still mad about earlier? You know you are at fault here, peeping and all.”

            Carol is still not looking at him.

            “Alright, tell you what: if you promise to stop doing perverted things to me, I’ll do anything you want for a whole day, next week.”

            “Deal,” she responds quickly and happily, “Prepare to feel your body go numb next week~”

            Damian has an ominous feeling about this. I really hope I can handle this…

            “Don’t just sit there, let’s go~” Carol says while already outside of the car.

            A little hesitant now, Damian also gets out. I’m pretty sure I was tricked…

            “Aren’t you glad we left early?” Marvin said proudly, with a backpack on, “Now we’ll be one of the first people inside.”

            “Yes, yes, yes, and I’ll be recording when we get ran over by the mob,” Alex remarked sarcastically, opening the backpack, getting a video camera.

            “No se excitant tan fácilmente…” Allen says while sitting in the backpack, with a perfect accent.

            “Umm…” Alex pulls out a small Spanish to English book and starts flipping through it for a minute or so, “Ah, ‘Don’t get excited so easily’ and why shouldn’t we? The building is huge and we’re in front of the line.”

            Figuring that Alex would take some time translating what he was saying, Allen sticks his tongue out, showing a piercing. The piercing glows and projects a small screen.  The screen has words starting to type across it. The words displayed are actually what Allen is thinking at the time. The typing stops showing the message:

            “Remember that time the teleports and the accelerators cut in front of us before anyone noticed?”

            “Yes…”

            “Good, but just so you know there’s a field around the building that prevents this.”

            “Really? Then what was the point of reminding me?”

            “No reason, just wanted to mess with you.”

            “Jerk…” Alex flicks him in the ear.

            “Just how I like it,” Allen was going to type more but, he saw something in the sky, “What the hell is that!?!?”

            A giant bird was carrying a man to the front of the line from several hundred feet in the air.

            The bird, which is Carol, reverts back to her dog form, then her human form. She and the man being carried, Damian, start to fall. Damian starts yelling, “We’re gonna crash!”