Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Seriously, what are you doing?" I whined as my feet skidded across the sand.

"Just wait." Liam replied and I think if he didn't know better, he would have picked me up and just carried me to the destination. I was making it as hard as possible for him to take me to wherever we were going. 

"No! You should know better than to take me places when I don't know where we're going and what I'm doing and for goodness sakes will you stop humming under your breath, it's so annoying."

He smiled sheepishly at me before presenting a short pier to me.

"Do you want me to take a long walk off a short pier? Is that the reason I'm here? Are you going to kill me and dispose of the body here?" I crossed my arms, almost amused that he was so excited to bring me here

I assumed that he decided that talking to me would make no good case against him, so instead he started to push me onto the wooden pier. I didn't protest, yet I kept a completely indifferent expression on my face. Finally, Liam grinned and presented the ocean to me. "Look."

"Wow! Water! That's so crazy, oh my gosh, I never knew such a thing existed! It's so blue and wet! Wow!" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Look closer, you dumb butt." He rolled his eyes.

"Language, Mr. Payne. That was quick offensive," I warned before I looked closer at the blue water. I saw something jump out and immediately gasped. "Was that a dolphin?"

"Yup! Now you know why I brought you out here." Liam nodded.

"I love animals so much more than I love humans. Their adorableness is adorable." 

Liam laughed before comfortable silence settled over us. It was nice to be able to know he wouldn't judge me, that he brought me out here to see the dolphins. But after a total of five minutes, watching them got old. I pivoted and started walking back to the house with Liam trailing behind me. Once I walked up the stones to reach the house, Harry came out of no where and hugged me with all his might.

"What the frick." I muttered, my mouth being open and feeling his cotton shirt against my lips. Yuck.

"I was feeling ALone, and since ALlegedly I get grumpy without ALittle Al time, I figured I needed to hug you, hopefully I'm not ALlergic to your smell." Harry chuckled to himself, obviously thinking his Al puns were hilarious.

I shook my head, "One more. One more pun and I will not hesitant to kick you extremely hard."

"I'm ALready ALarmed at the prospect!"

That's when I kicked popstar Harry Styles. Right in the shins. But really, could you blame me? The kid was funny, yet annoying. 

"Ow." Harry grumbled as he hunched over to rub his fingers over the place where I kicked him.

"You totally deserved it, mate." Louis laughed from beside him.

"Oh, Louis, since when were you there?" I was surprised to see him.

"The beginning," Louis looked at me in amusement. "Harry told me of his plan and I wanted to see how badly you would harm him."

"I might have gotten a little soft, but I'm not at all afraid of putting Harry in his place. He's lucky I didn't kick him harder. I just don't want to get sued - I'm a broke teenager, I wouldn't have been able to afford a lawsuit." I shrugged.

"Even if I did, you would probably charm the judges in an instant." Harry shook his head with a fond smile before taking on an impersonation of me. "'He totally deserved it, your honor.' and then you would get Niall, Louis, Zayn and Liam to testify against me."

I grinned.

"But I would never sue you," Harry reassured.

"He's scared of courtrooms." Louis confided while Liam started laughing.

"Aw, poor wittle Harry!" Liam teased.

"Your fans honestly don't even know how weird you all are," I shook my head as they started talking over each other. It had been common the entire time I had known them, for they all had something to say and they didn't want to wait. 

"Allison Grate?" A guy came over to our little group in the entry area of the house. I raised my eyebrows in acknowledgement. "Your driver will be here in about thirty minutes to take you and the others girls to the airport."

"Thanks. Do you think they'd notice if I just lived on the beach for a while? It's pretty nice out here," I joked.

I really didn't want to leave, but I knew it wasn't because of how beautiful it was out here. It wasn't because I suddenly fell in love with one of the One Direction boys. It was because I was afraid of having to start again - not knowing if anything would be the same after this. That little nudge in the back of my head told me everything had already changed, and I knew it was true. 

I just didn't know if I was ready to grow up and to have everything just shift once again.

 ~    

Second to last chapter... Woah. Next chapter will be the last 'official' chapter to this story, although there will be four more parts after that. I know it doesn't make sense quite yet, but I explain it all in chapter forty-six :)   

HEY GUESS WHAT TRAYN IS A THING NOW. Trinity and Zayn's story has started, and can be found either in the external link somewhere over there -> or on my profile. It's titled Invisible Love! If you like this story, make sure you check it out :)  

I love Wendy Frostys. I'm not even kidding, you guys, I eat so much. Food is just so delicious. Ugh.  

Have a great day <3  

~ Dedication to a commenter ~