Who Sings Better

"Vic?"  I heard a voice call my name.  It sounded like Kellin.

What does he want?  Mike didn't take him from me yet?

I cleaned my face and stopped crying.  Maybe if he doesn't hear me he'll go away.

"Vic, I know your in here I see you sitting on the floor."

Dang

"I'm coming in."

"Stay outside the stall!"  I said panicly.  I didn't want him to see me cry.  He'll think I'm pathetic.  If Mike didn't steal him now,  I know he'd go to him later.

"Okay."  I saw his shoes right by the stall door.   He slid down to sit on the floor.  It's like we were together but in another demension.

We were both silent for a moment.

"Vic, what's wrong?"  Kellin spoke first.

I bit my lip and held my breath.

"Nothing's wrong."  I barely spoke never letting out the air.

"No one storms out of the the lunchroom and sits down on the bathroom floor if nothings wrong." 

I stared at him through the door.  I know he couldn't see me but I did it anyway.

"Well, I was here to cheer you up so I don't count."  Did he feel me stairing?

"I'm serious nothings wrong.   I guess I just got upset that was all."

"Upset about what?  The fact that you don't hang with your little brother?"

I was getting a little bit angry.  "He-" I was about to yell but I took a deep breath and restarted my sentence.

"He has friends.  He was talking with a whole bunch of people on the bus this morning.  It's not my fault.  Don't you think I want to talk to him?  You know like how family should?  Well I do you know." 

I stopped feeling my face start to heat up.  The tears started to roll off of my face. "It kills me.  He said that I never talk to him or anything but that's a lie.  I try.  Or tried. But-..."

I stopped.  Realising that I couldn't continue.  I cleaned off my face.

"But?"  He wanted me to continue.

"Nothing."   I rose up slowly.  "We have to go to our next class.  I'm pretty sure time is almost up."

I rose up and opened the door.  He was standing up looking at me.  Like he was trying to read me.  I looked confused.

He moved out the way to let me out of the stall.  I smiled and walked out.

"Our next class is music.  Do you sing or play?"  He asked.

I looked back at him then foward and started walking out of the restroom him behind me.  "Both."

Once we were both out I got behind him that way he could lead the way because I remembered I don't know where to go.

"Really.  That means you got talent then huh?"  He said with a smile on his face. 

I guess that means that what just happened was out of his mind.  At least it was for now.

"Not really."  I gave a slight smile.  "Lizzy Hale from Halestorm is a guitarist and sings."  It's not really that talented is it?  To be honest,  I think the most talented thing is the drums.  Reason being is the fact that a drummer has to play like a whole set of drums.  They have to play one beat in one hand, another beat in another hand, and another beat with their feet.  If that's not talented I don't know what is.