Chapter 21

Jessica's POV

When I woke up I was smashed against Brantley's chest and his arm was tightly around me. After like 5 minutes I managed to get out of his hold without waking him up. I make a cup of coffee and took Sylo out. While he ran around I sat in the swing on the back porch. I went inside to refill my cup and my phone started ringin. With out even lookin at caller ID I answered.

"Hello?" I asked walking back outside and sittin in the swing.

"Hey Butterbean." My mom said really happily.

"Hey momma kinda thought you would still be sleepin." I said takin a sip of my coffee.

"Yea well you know your father." Since my dads new schedule she would get up before him and get his stuff ready to walk out the door.

"True."

"So how's Brantley? But more importantly how come you never told me that you were dating him? How did you even meet him?"

"Ok one at a time. He's doin better, thank you for the help on that. I've been busy and haven't talked with you in a while. And I met him at his concert."

"Wait 'his concert'? Your dating THE Brantley Gilbert?"

"Yes ma'am." Just then Sylo jumped up in the swing with me and laid down on my lap.

"Does Chris know?" She asked not that excited anymore.

"Yes he does. Him and Brantley actually get along."

"I'm excited and happy that your dating Brantley but what happened with Andy?"

"He crossed the line. He crossed way to far." I'm trying to leave out the part that Brantley beat his ass.

"Brantley beat his ass didn't he?" My mom asked.

"Yep."

"Does he know?"

"About what?"

"About you and Sam with Bradley?"

"What? How do you know about that?"

"I'm mom I know everything." She said laughing a bit. "Sam and talked back when him and Amanda got married. I also put the pieces together."

"He knows. He asked Sam last night if he could see a picture of Amanda. Then after I called you he asked. Ok enough about me what's new?" I asked changing the subject.

"Got a new job doing workers comp stuff. Jerry is still with Mad City. Not much new up here. How's the farm?"

"It's all good. Got rid of the swine though. They tasted good." I could hear my momma laugh on the other end.

"Y'all should come up here. You know like you and Brantley."

"We will. I'm sorry to cut it short but I gotta deal with a puppy and make breakfast." I said gettin Sylo up.

"Ok. Love you talk to you soon."

"Alrighty love you too." And we hung up. I walked inside and Brantley still wasn't up. I bet he wouldn't be in the mood to eat anyways. So I kinda took the opportunity to wander the house. I walked down the hall and opened a door to finding his music room. I turned on the lights and it was awesome in there. He had awards, guitars, pictures and other stuff in there. I grabbed an old guitar of his that was sitting next to a chair. I sat down in the chair at the desk looking out the window. I grabbed the guitar and started playing. I went from a lil strums to playing one of his songs, Play Me That Song. That's one of my favorite songs of his.

"She's stopping by real late tonight, just to talk.
She said I got something's weighing on my mind,
And I know I can come there.
And we just sit and we talk a while
While she spills her heart on these arms of mine.
And then she'll say.