{2}

I didn't listen to the boys. I stayed in the workshop the rest of the night. I tinkered Gizmo and started teaching him the basic ways of life he needed to know. By three A.M., I was passed out on the workbench, my head in my arms as I snored. Gizmo powered down a few hours to charge before I fell asleep. I fell asleep attempting to gather the correct parts and tools to build Gadget the dog.

I was woken up at seven A.M. by the guys furiously shaking my shoulders and or poking my face.

"When did you go to bed?" Calum asked, shirtless and wearing pajama pants. He crossed his arms over his bare chest.

"Um..."

"3 hours 0 minutes and 25 seconds ante meridiem," Gizmo calculated.

"You were up till three A.M.?!" Ashton asked, concern lining his voice.

"And twenty-five seconds," Gizmo corrected.

"Whatever," Ashton replied quickly. "Luke, you need sleep, a shower, and food. Stop working. March right into that kitchen, have a sandwich or something and then go to bed and get rest."

I signed in defeat.

"Fine, whatever. I'll shower, eat, and then sleep. Then, I have to get back to work," I obeyed in my raspy, husky morning voice.

I rubbed the crusts out of my eyes, yawned, and scratched my unshaven chin.

"And maybe you can shave. You haven't shaved in a week," Michael added.

I mumbled a "whatever" as I walked out of the garage and into the house.

(Skylar: remember kids. You need to shave, because if you don't... You'll look like a hobo. ^-^) (I laughed)

~after showeeeerrrrsss (I'm so sorry for writing that u thought it sounded like the 'after hours' on phineus and ferb)~

I had to change my clothes and I knew I wasn't going to see anyone but the guys, so I just walked around in my pajama shorts and no shirt (a/n: bc imma boss). The guys and I just spent the day, teaching Gizmo how to play video games. Soon, Gizmo learned how to play a decent game of FIFA and an incredibly wicked game of Grand Theft Auto and Guitar Hero. I was going to teach him some Assassin's Creed but Ashton stopped me.

"We got this. You should get some of that rest we talked about."

"What? It's only 6 P.M.! I don't need to go to bed! You're not my dad," (a/n: YOU'RE NOT MY DAD! GROW SOME HAIR OR SOMETHING) I argued.

"But you were up till 3 A.M. this morning," Calum continued.

"Yeah, and you look like you were stranded on a deserted island for three days with no clean water, clothes, food, or anything essential. You kinda look like a hobo," Michael joined in.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, thanks for sugarcoating it, Michael," I sarcastically replied.

He just presented me a crooked smile and shrugged.

"Anything for you, Luke."

"Now, go to sleep!" Ashton ordered, pointing towards the stairs where the bedrooms were.

I rolled my eyes and made a sound of protest but Ashton gave me a commanding look.

"Fine," I groaned.

Ashton gave me his award winning smile.

"Thank you for cooperating, Luke. You gave in quicker than I expected."

I just shrugged that off and trudged up the stairs.

~time skip~

I woke up to strange sounds of metal clashing and loud shouts. I threw my bedsheets off my body and I bolted to where the sounds were coming from. I stomped quickly down the stairs and then sprinted to the garage. I found a horrific sight; Ashton and Calum were chasing after a small robot thing plus Gizmo and Michael was distracting the robots.

"What are you guys doing?!" I exclaimed as I quickly headed down to where they were.

"Oh, Luke. You're, uh, awake," Calum pointed out nervously.

"We thought you could sleep through this," Michael chimed in.

"Just go back to bed, Luke, we're taking care of this matter," Ashton assured.

I shook my head.

"No," I argued, standing my ground. "I want to know what's going on."

"Okay, can I tell him?" Calum asked Ashton.

Ashton nodded after sighing.

"Awesome! So, we were going to surprise you by building Gadget while you relaxed. But things I guess went wrong and Gadget the Dog is still in his beta mode."

"I hate to admit it, Luke, but you're the only one who could switch his beta mode to his alpha mode," Michael admitted.

I smirked at him.

"Just by looking at this heap of metal, I can see you used the wrong parts," I stated as I approached the box of parts I had picked out for the dog. "Watch and learn, boys."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: just a little fun/sad fact about Gizmo, his original name 'M530-15' is actually the date my uncle died March 30, 2015. The extra 5 in M530-15 is the number that represented March just bc. So, Gizmo is a very special character.