Chapter 5 - Since I Don't Have You

KAYLA'S POV
I shifted slowly, half asleep & rose my head up, glancing at my alarm clock.
5:37 am
"Ughhhhhh."
I made my way down the stairs, revealing an empty kitchen, with a note on the counter.

'Went to M's studio early this morning, songs are just pouring out of us! Come join us if you'd like later, we'll be here for a while. -Duff' it was signed with a little smiley face, which made my heart melt for some odd reason.

I totally know the reason why.

After fixing myself a bowl of coco-puffs, I bolted up stairs & took a quick shower.
My natural hair wasn't the most spectacular, especially immediately after showering, but I wanted to see the boys right now. So, i dried my hair & let my wavy strands hang loose.

It took maybe 15 minutes of contemplation, but I finally settled on an Aerosmith shirt, & black shorts.

Mariah must've left with the boys, her room was vacant & a total mess.
What were her & Is up to last night?

Shaking off the nerves of seeing Duff soon again, I grabbed my keys & made my way to Marvin's Studios.

•••
The ride to the studio was short, yet very tedious & repetitive. On the strip, you see the same thing & I'm slowly getting weary of these actions.
I pulled up to the studio, my car sliding smoothly on the crunchy pavement.

The place was colossal. Probably the biggest studio in downtown L.A. It had monumental glass doors that led you into a split-path decision. To the left was the recording studios, & on the right were contracting & business dilemmas.

All along the patterned walls, photos of older bands & some new ones draped gracefully. It was a beautiful display, not gonna lie. I especially love the Led Zeppelin exposition that was isolated to a corner.

Making a few turns & jifs, I found a sign.
'Recording studios here.'

Alright, let's be real for a second. I'd never really encountered the whole studio life, & I definitely do not know where guns were recording.

A tall man with dark eyes & a bushy beard approached me.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Are you lost?" he asked.

"Um, yes actually. I was wondering where Guns N' Roses were recording? I hope they made it aware to y'all that I was dropping by." I replied, cheeks getting a little hot.

He chuckled, "this way."

Once I figured out i was completely going in the opposite direction I had originally intended to, I found Guns' studio.

"You can just go in if you'd like, they're most likely behind the glass." He held the door open, & walked away politely.

"Kayla!"
Simultaneous voices approached me, & I was bombarded with hugs & love.

"We'd knew you'd make it!" Stevie said.

I smiled & fluffed out his hair.

"Oh, popcorn. How could I miss you guys!?"
"We appreciate you coming, babe!" Axl added.

The boys all (except for Duff) officially greeted me & made their way back behind the glass.

"Is it my turn yet?"
Mariah held out her hands & pulled me into a tight embrace.

"They're bitchin', huh?" I asked

"Oh my god, they're amazing. I think Axl mentioned something about double albums."