Chapter 3 - Oh My Mr. Rose

(The clip above is gnr's performance at the Ritz in 1988', but I added it to show you guys somewhat how their concerts are & how it sort of resembled their performance in my story. Carry on :-) )
•••

KAYLA'S POV (1987)

"Mariah! Hurry, we're going to be late!" I yelled, & sighed lightly, the TV flashing on as I waited impatiently. We both had our 5:00 shifts at the whiskey a go go today. Apparently, poison was supposed to have a show there tonight. Oh, how I adored CC Deville. Mariah, she totally had eyes for Bret. But I would never have eyes for someone as I do for Duff Mckagan. The bassist of my favorite band, Guns N' Roses. He's such a stud. Ah. Dreamy, perfect Duff.
"Um, Kayla!?" My thoughts were interrupted by an impatient Mariah. She chuckled softly,
"How do I look?" She asked. Not bad. I thought to myself. "I really love the shoes." I replied, scanning her thin figure. She smiled & walked into the kitchen.
Now, lemme give you a little back drop. I was born in Lafayette, Indiana & so was Mariah. We attended third grade together, & have been best friends ever since. Now, I'm 22 & we moved to the dream state of California. Let's be real, we totally moved here for Disneyland.
Mariah, she was more girly. For example, her outfit tonight. She has a skin tight black leather dress, revealing an enormous amount of cleavage, & bright red heels. They really complimented her blonde hair. She's a total catch; aside from me, on the other hand. I have slick leather pants on, and also bright red heels. I have my whiskey shirt cut off @ the sleeves. Resembling Sandy of grease.
Except, my hair is very long, & brown. I'm not the thinnest, & I have huge lumps of fat on my chest. (Don't we all?) Aside from that, I have normal poop eyes & I add little makeup. A simple winged eyeliner & curled lashes is all I really need.

"Hey, Earth to Kay...you ready?" She asked, my car keys dangling from her fingers.
I laughed & snatched them from her, making my way out of the door.

15 minutes later
I whipped my car into my signature spot @ the whiskey's parking lot. Odd, it seemed more crowded than usual. Yes, poison will be here, but they're not as popular as this. At least, not in my opinion. Mariah & I made our way through the crowds of people, pushing off drunks & prostitutes. From a distance, I spotted my manager; Jerry.
"Yo, Jer! What's up with all these people?" I shouted, over the dj's music.
He made his way around the tiny bar & pulled me close. "Didn't ya know? I thought Olivia would've called you...Guns N' Roses are taking over for Poison. Poison got a gig at the Troubadour."
I felt my heart sink so low, it was probably in my vagina, to be honest.
"G-Guns N' Roses?!!!!!" I stammered, in disbelief.
He winked & rubbed my back. "Yes, I know they're your favorite band, so give em' extra good service, & be hot while doing it!" he exclaimed, whilst slapping my hand & walking away.
"MARIAH, DID YOU HEAR? GU-..." I stopped in mid sentence, realizing Mariah had left to go dance. The clock read 6, meaning Guns would start in 5 minutes. Or, they should. Those fuckers are late to everything. As of right now, I couldn't contain my excitement. & I know the first glance I see of those 5 angels, I'll lose my shit.

Attempting at getting my mind off of things, I pulled around to the bartending area & threw on my apron.
A tiny lady with huge earrings & waaaaaaaay too much makeup approached me.
"I'll have a shot of vodka, please."
I felt my face form into a confused expression, & replied "sure thing."
After the lady left, I really didn't have many customers to supply drinks with.
I looked to the stage, & found a guy up there. Someone, not familiar. & definitely not a guns n roses member.
His voice was loud, obnoxious.
"YOU WANTED THE BEST? WELL THEY DIDN'T FUCKING MAKE IT. SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET, FROM HOLLYWOOD; GUNS N' ROSES." he ran off stage & the lights dimmed. I heard the choo choo of a train go off & the intro to 'Nightrain' began to burst throughout the tiny club.
"Got a rattlesnake suitcase, under my arm.." I hummed along, obviously screaming the lyrics with all my might on the inside.

As I walked to the crowd, I saw Jerry eyeing me. I knew what I had to do. It was my turn to get off the bar, and onto the pole.
I sighed & made my way past my 5 angels, into the break room. The outfits they supplied for us, were horrid. They were tiny black leather (pushup) bras, lace panties & black stiletto boots. Changing from my old clothes, I made my way out into the club again & climbed on top of the platform. Gnr were playing "rocket Queen." My favorite song on appetite.
I started caressing the pole, sliding my body vertically, sexually. I got a few hoots & hollers, but 5 pairs of eyes were glued to my body. Guns n' roses were playing, yet watching my every move.
Might as well give it your all, Kayla.
I shifted, humping the pole, & twirling around it.
After that, I released the pole & crawled towards Axl, who was giving me the most sexual, anxious look. I turned, looked back at them erotically & sucked on my finger before walking off the stage. I'm normally not like this, I'm not sure what's gotten into me.

When Gnr's set ended (which it was fucking amazing) I had already gone back to bartending. People were really flowing in now, probably hyped from the concert. I'd kept a long chain of "hi, how may I help you?" 'S going. I never really make eye contact with any customers, it makes me uncomfortable.
I spotted Mariah & threw my hands up in the air, I desperately needed someone to talk to.
"Hey hey hey! Did you enjoy the show?" She beamed. "Oh. I enjoy every minute of it." I admitted.
She smiled & ran her hand through my hair. Yanno, we saw you singing your heart out, it was adorable."
I paused & hesitated.
"We?" I asked.
She rolled her eyes, slapping my hand. ow
"Duh, silly! Guns were watching you the entire time. & I think the mysterious one Izzy, wants me." She claimed ecstatically, chewing on her bottom lip.
"Really? They were watching me? I didn't notice." I lied.
"Oh come on, they're totally into you!" she said.
I don't know, thinking about it, I made myself look like a total whore. That's not me. & well, they're rock stars. That's all they'd probably want me for. (If they do want me at all)
I let out a sigh & tied my hair back.
"I-i don't know, Ri. You know, they're rockstars." I gestured. She paused & had a dumbfounded look on her face.
"Ugh! They'd probably want me as a one night stand..a piece of ass...nice sex....that's all." I replied, with a slight melancholy tone.
She just stared & me, & slowly realized what I was saying, was reality.
"Hey" I rubbed her shoulders, "its getting late, let me get my purse & we can go home?" I suggested.

"Yeah! I'd like that as of right now." She replied.
"I'll be in the car!"

I waved goodbye to Jerry & made my way into the breakroom, when i was stopped by a gorgeous, chiseled, man.

My eyes grew wide & my heart began to beat at a million beats per second. It's really in your vagina now. I thought.

The guy laughed & took my hand, & kissed it. His voice was deep, & extremely sexy.
"Well, hello Miss Lady. I'm Axl. Axl Rose."