"You okay?" Damon lowly asked, walking closer to me. He lifted up my chin with his fingers to look at my neck, and clicked his tongue. "If he squeezed a bit more, I think he would have broken your neck."

    "Thanks," I muttered, pushing his hand away. I didn't want to feel his touch, not anymore. It brought back unwanted feelings, feelings I wasn't supposed to feel. "I'm... I'm gonna go back to the Lockwood's. I told Elena I'd be back and help." I began to walk away.

   "Clara," he stopped me. He let out a small smile, so small that if it weren't for my vision I wouldn't have seen it. "Don't... Don't do anything reckless."

   I nodded and walked out. As soon as I stepped out the door, Stefan sent a text, telling me to meet him at the edge of the old Lockwood property. There was a well in the old property, and Bonnie thought the moonstone could be there. I sped over to to him, seeing him leaning against a tree with his arms crossed and a rather big flashlight in his hand.

   "I think we found it," he said. He motioned for me to follow, and I did. There was an old well in front of us, old and filled with dirty water.

   "What's going on?" The distinct voice of Elena Gilbert rang behind us.

   Stefan turned to look at her. "You shouldn't be here."

   "I know, but I am," she said, crossing her arms. "What is going on?"

   I rolled my eyes and looked back down the well. "Bonnie thinks the moonstone could be down there." I took a deep breath and pulled the lock off the iron grating. Stefan took the grating off the top of the well. He turned on the flashlight and looked down. When he jumped to the ledge, I took his hand and shook my head, pulling him off. "I'll go," I said, climbing on to the ledge with his help.

   "You sure?" he asked, handing me the flashlight.

   I nodded and looked back down. "I should do something for you all," I muttered, only for him to hear. It was so quiet that I knew Elena could hear me as well. "I came back, and you gave me a home and a few new friends that I think I should protect."

   "You're talking as if you're going to die," Stefan chuckled, leaning besides me. "It's just water, Clara. Water and dirt, and maybe the moonstone. You're not going to die."

   "I'm thanking you, okay?" I said, pushing him lightly with my shoulder. "You can't let me have a moment?" I looked back down at the well.

   "Hey," Elena's voice rang behind me. "Be careful."

   I looked back at her and nodded, smiling. Having someone care for you, even if you have known them for little time, made my heart flutter and smile. It felt nice, almost as if everything would be okay. With a deep breath, I jumped down the well. When I landed on the water, I groaned. I looked down at my arms to see vapour raising where the water splashed on. My hands, arms, legs, and chest began to burn. I pressed myself against the wall and began to shout in pain. "Stefan!" I tried to climb up the wall, my nails digging into the rock and scratching down.

   "Clara?" His voice came from above, full of worry.

   "STEFAN!" I yelled in pain, hissing out and crying.

    "Clara, what's happening?!" he yelled. "Clara, I'm coming down!"

   "Vervain!" I yelled out, shutting my eyes close and trying to ignore the pain. The pain was too much, it was unbearable. I screamed. "Oh, god! Help!" Blood poured down from the burns, decorating my skin in red. The red wasn't just the blood, it was the burns that the vervain caused. I cursed Mason and Katherine in my head while my mouth let out screams of pain.