"Mason Lockwood's a werewolf, Katherine's evil. They're bad guys," he explained. "Really? You're gonna play morality police with me right now? Let me put it to you another way; they're a threat to Elena. So you, witch, are gonna get over yourself and help us."

   "Yeah, he meant that with a please at the end," I added, forcing a smile and a small nod.

   "Absolutely," Damon smiled.

   The plan was set. We waited as Bonnie tricked Mason and then used her powers to give him an aneurysm. He fell to his knees, holding on to his head and groaned from the pain. I stepped in front of him, and kneed him in the nose as hard as I could. 

   "That's for outing us," I quietly spat as he fell back, unconscious. I took the keys from his hand and threw them to Bonnie, who hurried to turn on the car. While she did that, I helped Stefan and Damon put Mason in the trunk of his jeep. I looked around to see if anyone saw, and then got in. Stefan stayed behind, and the rest of us went back to the boarding house.

   Damon had Mason over his shoulder as we walked in. Immediately, he threw the man on a chair and began to throw a blanket over the carpet with Bonnie and I helping. According to him, he didn't want to have any blood on the carpet, and that made Bonnie roll her eyes and want to get out as soon as possible.

   "Here's his bag," Bonnie groaned, throwing a bag to a chair. "As requested."

   "Woah," Damon said as he opened it. "Look's like this guy's used to being tied up." I cringed when he pulled out the chains. They were the same chains that were around the truck the night Mason attacked Stefan, Caroline, and I. It wasn't my most favourite memory, so I decided to leave it in the 'let's forget' file.

   "What are you doing?" Damon's voice brought me back from my thoughts, only to see Bonnie with Mason's head between her hands. 

   "You're looking for a moonstone," she answered in a matter-of-fact tone, her eyes closed. "I'm trying to help you find it."

   "Oh, good, yeah," Damon nodded. "Find out if he gave it to Katherine, and find out where she is. And find out what they're gonna do with it once they get it." He began to tie Mason up with the chains.

   "Somewhere small. Dark," Bonnie muttered. "There's water."

   "Like a sewer?"

   "No, like a well? That can't be right... Yeah, its a well."

   "Why would it be in a well?" I wondered out loud, stepping closer to Mason. 

   "Why would it be in a well?" Damon repeated, the question directed to Bonnie instead of me. 

   She sighed. "I told you, I only get what I get."

   Mason grunted, and suddenly grabbed me by the neck. I gasped and took a hold of his hand, trying to push it away. My breath hitched, my hands squeezing his wrist for him to let go. Damon was in front of me then, pushing the hand away from my neck and me away from the man. He pulled me to him, and glared at Mason.

   "That's it!" Bonnie yelled. She raised her hands and began to leave "That's all I got."

   "Hey, Judgey!" Damon stopped her. She turned and looked at him. "Thank you." She nodded, and then continued to walk away. 

   That was when I realised I was still pressed against Damon. It was enough; I didn't need to be so close to him. I pulled away and ran a hand through my hair while I rested my other against my chest. My heart was hammering against my chest, just like it did every other time Damon touched me. It was a feeling that brought giddiness and distaste.