My Broken Heart- A Kingdom Hearts story *Chapter 7*

Chapter 7

 “Peek-a-boo!”

He suddenly appeared in front of me and I ran into him. There was a thud as I crashed into his chest- which was really hard, surprisingly. I almost fell backwards, but he grabbed my wrists and pulled me back onto my feet. I struggled against him, trying to pull away, but his grip tightened.

“Gotcha now!”

“Let me go!” I continued trying to pull away from him.

“Oh no, missy. You aren’t going anywhere.” He started laughing.

I continued struggling in his grasp, when an idea struck me. I remembered what Lea had told me to do were I ever in a situation like this. I stopped trying to pull away from him and he smiled, thinking he had won. I smirked at him, right before I kicked him in the crotch as hard as I could manage. His grasp on my hands loosened and I pulled away from him, as he keeled over in pain. I made a run for it again, desperately wanting to get away this time. Thanks Lea! I thought as a small smile crossed my face. That smile disappeared almost instantly after I tripped over something and fell face first onto the hard pavement. Just my luck. I got up as quick as I could but the man was already in front of me. He instantly picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, making sure he held onto me tightly. I pounded on his back while screaming out hoping that someone- anyone- would hear me. “Put me down!”

“Not a chance,” I barely heard him say, over my screaming.

He started to walk into the middle of the road.

“Let me go!”

A sudden burst of water shot up from the ground, knocking the man over and sending me up into the air. I fell back onto the ground, landing on my back and the force knocked all the air out of me. I gasped for air as pain shot through my back. My head instantly started hurting. I looked over to where the man was and saw him lying on the ground like me.

But instead of getting up and trying to get away, I just lied on the ground. I gave up. Let him come and take me where he wants to. It just seemed impossible for me to get away.

So I just stayed on the ground, waiting for him to come. Except he didn’t.

I lifted my head the slightest bit off the ground and pain shot through my spine and up to my neck. I groaned and quickly glanced around for the man- but he was nowhere to be seen. I let my head drop back onto the ground and laughed a little, but I saw no humor.

“How ironic, he disappears when I give up.” I sighed and looked up to the sky. The sun was setting and the colours it casted over the town were beautiful. It was a mixture of pink’s, blue’s and reds. I smiled and closed my eyes. Water was sliding down my face and dripping onto the ground and my clothes were soaked. At least I was safe. I opened my eyes again; I should have been home by now. I rolled over onto my stomach and pushed against hands to lift me up off the ground and I stood up onto my feet, wincing at the pain in my spine. I saw my school bag lying on the ground and walked over to it. It too was soaking wet, surprise, surprise. It was a camouflage-patterned shoulder bag. I picked it up and hung it over my shoulder. As I did this, I heard a strange sound from behind me, and I turned to see what it was. There I saw another hooded figure, standing where I had just been lying down.

I sighed as I studied the figure. “Another one? You people don’t give up, do you?” I could tell it wasn’t the teleporting guy, or the one that had helped me

He took a step towards me and I took two steps back, carefully watching every move he made. He chuckled quietly, “We’re not exactly known for giving up easily.”