My Broken Heart: A Kingdom Hearts story *Chapter 4*

Chapter 4

7 years later

“How could he say that?! How dare he!”

I walked through the street clenching my hands into fists, fuming with anger and on the verge of tears.

It had been almost exactly one year since Lea and Isa got turned into heartless.

I was thirteen years old now, my dark blonde hair had grown fairly long and now reached just past the middle of my back. It was layered and wavy. My blue eyes had darkened over the years and were now a deep blue, the same colour as the sea. I was at an average weight and was pretty short for my age and got teased for it. I’d just finished school, so I was wearing my school uniform, which consisted of black, blue and white. I wore black fingerless gloves and red and black ankle high sneakers.

And it had been almost exactly one year since Isa and Lea got turned into heartless.

It all started at school.

Since the incident, I’d been pretty quite. I didn’t talk to anyone else, other than Aislinn; we were still best friends. I sat in class quietly until a boy in my class, Daniel, decided to shout out from across the class room that Lea and Isa deserved to be turned into heartless.

At this, I’d instantly jumped up and abused him, earning a harsh warning from my teacher.

“They should have never existed,” He shouted in a dark voice.

That was it. I walked over to his smirking face and punched him as hard as I could. Blood splurted out of his nose and he groaned loudly.

“Woah!” I heard people in the class shout out in surprise. I never did anything like this but I couldn’t help it, I was just so angry. I could have killed him if I wanted to.

“What the hell are you talking about? You don’t even know them!”

He tried to give me a death stare, but I could tell he was afraid. The teacher shouted out something, but I didn’t hear what it was. I was surprised she didn’t stop us by now.

I roughly pushed him into the wall and he squealed a little. Then Aislinn suddenly appeared in front of me, trying to hold me away from him.

“Stop!” Aislinn shouted in a pleading voice. She looked me in the eyes, “I know you’re angry, and trust me, I am too. But you really don’t need to hurt him for it .” She turned to look at Daniel, “And don’t think I’m siding with you, smartass.” He looked away quickly.

“Aislinn, take a good look at him, he’s already hurt. He’s probably even pissed himself by now.” I pointed at him. His eyes were widened in fear and his nose was dripping with blood that had started to soak his shirt. “But, until he understands, I think he needs to be hurt more!” I shouted before I lunged at him, pushing Aislinn out of the way. I threw him against the wall and held him up by his blood-stained shirt. I brought my face as close to his as I could looked him straight in the eyes and gave him a cold glare.

“If you ever talk about them that way again, if you even come near me again, ever, I swear, I will tear you apart.”

After all that my teacher helped Aislinn pry me away from him. We both got sent to the principle’s office, with Aislinn and some other kid escorting us.

I got suspended for one month, and once I got back to school, three weeks detention. Daniel on the other hand only got one week of detention, which I objected to, earning me the third week of my detention.

I honestly have no idea what came over me, I’d never felt that angry before.

My mind suddenly wandered to the night that they’d become heartless. The pain I’d felt, the fear, the sadness…

No. I shook my head firmly. I wasn’t going to think about that right now, I wasn’t going to bring back those bad memories. I locked those memories away again, in the back of my mind, where I’d been keeping them. It was hard to believe it had only been a year, it felt like they’d been gone forever, and it was all my fault. My own, stupid fault.

A sob escaped my throat, and I stopped walking.

I’m not going to cry.

I thought I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to see, but there was no one there.

It’s just my imagination. I needed to stop thinking about them, so I thought about Daniel. About what he’d said and how angry it made me. I was instantly filled with that anger again. I kept thinking about it, repeating his words over in my head. They deserved to lose they’re hearts, they should have never existed.

I let the anger and hatred fill me, I need to forget. I was now consumed by hatred.

And that was when my hands lit up on fire.