13 - The Replacement

I walked inside the small cafe and immediately smelled the scent of the fresh muffins and coffee.

I looked around and saw a familiar back that Luka have told me about.

"Is that.... them?" I emphasized the "them" since there was the only a boy there.

"I believe so..."

Luka and I made our way over to the guy and took a chair from a small table that wasn't used. We sat down and turned to him.

"Well, well...."

"Hello River." Luka smiled and held his hand out for I'm guessing "River" to take. River had a little american accent but yes, most of it is very Spanish. His face is very young but still handsome at the same time.

"Hello Luka," River smiled back. His head right away turned to me and eyed me up and down.

"And who are you?" River asked me with a little flirty tone.

"Avery." I forced a smile. I already know he wasn't a good one by just his very first question to me.

"Well nice to meet you Avery, I'm River, River Viiperi." River winked, while smirking.

"I feel like I've heard of you before."

"That's because you have." He said.

"I'm guessing you're a model?" I guessed.

"Correct novio." He winked again. I responded a hum as a sign of me being annoyed and didn't say anything else.

"So," River started, breaking the tension, "what can I do for you two today?"

I gave him a questioning look.

"Luka here said that he was going to introduce me to a girl that I can become friends with while I'm here in Spain." I explained.

"Oh yeah, where is Daniela?" Luka asked.

"Not here so she asked me to replace her for the day." River told us.

"I don't like this replacement Luka." I whispered to Luka, while hiding my mouth.

Luka chuckled, "Don't worry me too. But he's Daniela's brother."

"So, what can I do for a good replacement?" River changed the subject, breaking me and Luka's whispering conversation.

"Actually, I wanted a girl replacement." I nervously stated.

"Ah, well I can act like a girl." River smirked.

"Uh," I nervously chuckled, "you see, no."

"Why not?" River licked his lips.

"Are you gay?" I asked, challenging the model in front of me.

"Well no-"

"Exactly so leave me alone." I said, standing up from my chair to walk away. Luka did the same and put both of our chairs in the other table it used to be in.

"What- can I at least get your number?" River shouted.

"I don't give my number out to guys who wants to get in my pants asshole!" I shouted back before closing the door behind me.

***

I opened the mansion's door and let out a frustrated sigh for a thousandth time. I stuffed my face on the first pillow I saw in the couch and groaned.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" I heard my cousin tap my shoulder.

"I don't know so please leave me alone because I won't say anything." I said too fast.

"What?"

"I said blah blah blah."

"Avery what the-"

"Gare!" I snapped up from the pillow. Gareth closed his mouth and didn't dare to stay anything else. I covered my face in the pillow back again and hoped nobody would bother me.

"What's wrong with her?" Isco whispered to Luka.

"Well we were suppose to meet a girl Avery can be friends with here in Spain but instead someone replaced her and her brother came."

"So?"

"He acted all flirty..."

"Wait are you telling me what you think you're telling me?" Isco asked getting a little suspicious.

"No, no! It just that Avery doesn't like it when guys hit on her." Luka explained.

"Why the fuck would someone hit on her!?" Isco said, starting to get angry.

"Isco who wouldn't?" Sergio piped in.

"Hey! That's my cousin you can't date her!" Gareth shouted from the stairs.

"Would you guys shut up." I mumbled through the pillow, tired.

"Avery get your bum up to your bed, you sound tired." Luka suggested. I nodded and exhaustingly walked upstairs to my bed.

I changed into comfortable clothes and jumped to the soft mattress.

Curious, I took my phone by the lamp and checked the time. It read 3:47 in the afternoon. Looks like I still have more time for an hour nap.

***
a/n: there are two short chapters posted today! they are just going to be fillers too that's why they are short. they are boring but ill tell you, chapter 15 is going to be exciting lmao.

love you guys! i hope yall have a good day <3

-brit