Party On, Garth

After dark, I was driving my car.

Dean was in the passenger seat.

Sam was in the backseat.

Dean was on the phone. "All right, well, call us if he wakes up, or, you know, anything. Yeah, fine. Thanks for your help, Meg." He hung up. "What a bitch."

'So, Cas is the same, then?" I asked.

"Yeah, down to the drool," Dean answered. He looked at Sam. "By the way, how is your custard?"

"It's all right," Sam answered. "It's getting better. Just wish it wasn't like the damn tape from 'The Ring'. I mean, I feel like I'm okay 'cause I passed on the crazy."

"No, you didn't," Dean told him. "You heard what Cas said."

My phone rang.

"Let's—Let's not," Sam told us. "You know what?" 

I answered my phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Ness. It's Garth. Garth Fitzgerald the Fourth."

"I know who this is, Garth. You don't have to say your full damn name."

"I know. I just like saying it."

"How you doing, Garth?"

"There's something brewing in Junction City, Kansas. I need some help with this one."

~~~~~~

The next day, Sam, Dean and I walked into the morgue in town, posing as FBI.

The coroner led us toward Garth, who was in an Army uniform, and the body. "Well, this is it. Agents... this is Corporal Brown."

"Corporal James Brown," Garth told us. "I'm shipping off to the AF manana. I'm here to pay respects to my cousin as I will not be able to attend the funeral."

"That must be terrible," the coroner told him. "Losing two brothers so fast."

I looked at Sam and Dean.

Dean looked at me.

Sam looked at Garth.

Garth hesitated. "Yeah. Yeah. My aunt, she's, uh... She's real broken up about it."

"Hey, Doc, can we see both files, please?" Sam asked.

"Mm-hmm," the coroner answered. His phone rang. "Ah." He handed Sam a file. "My wife. I'll, uh, be in my office."

"Great," Dean told him.

The coroner walked out of the room, leaving.

I looked at Garth. "You didn't say they were brothers."

"Dude, I just found out about the other corpse, and... started moving quick," Garth told us. "I'm sucking up info as I go."

"What, are you allergic to a suit?" Dean asked.

"No," Garth answered. "I just... look good in a uniform."

I rolled my eyes.

Sam read the file. "Yep. Sam cause of death."

Sam walked over to a computer.

"Right, uh, gutted at night in the woods, where legend says that the ghost of Jenny Greentree roams," Garth explained. Dean took out an EMF reader. "Oh, uh, I already scanned for EM..." The EMF reader made noise. "F. Oh. Um... I guess mine must be broken again."