nineteen

After Kane allowed her to board the flight, Clarke told him to pass the message to Raven to take care of Aria while she and Lexa wasn't around. What supposedly was a two hour flight felt like an entire day for Clarke. Every second felt like eternity and it only heightened her anxiety. She would fidget in her seat and tried to keep a positive mind, but it all goes to waste when she ends up sobbing again.

When she arrived, she was greeted by Indra, who gave her a look that tells her she shouldn't be there, but it was also one that shows she finds Clarke worthy of being the Commander's lover. She was frustrated to find out that they were still a long way from the Plaas territory. It didn't get any better when Indra told her that the Commander has been losing so much blood and hasn't regain consciousness in almost two days.

Again, the journey was frustratingly long for her. The moment she reached the village, she rushed Indra to bring her to the Commander. On normal days, Indra would have snapped at her for ordering her around like that, but this time she let it slide. Indra brought her to the tent where Lexa was still recuperating. She stood outside the tent, hesitant about going in. She was afraid of what she might see. She was afraid that it will make her heart shatter more than it already did, if it was even possible. She breathed out unsteadily, and pulled the opening aside.

Her face fell as soon as she found Lexa's unconscious body on the mattress. She makes her way closer, with tears unintentionally dripping. Lexa's lips were pale, and the colour of her skin had noticeably faded, like blood weren't streaming in her veins. Clarke collapsed when she finally reached her girlfriend, weeping quietly as she held the brunette's cold hand.

"I'm right here with you, babe." Clarke mumbled quietly, "We will get through this together, right?" She asked, as if expecting some sort of response. Then she nodded and let a small smile touch her lips. "We always go through everything together."

She looked around the tent and was surprised how it lacks of medical supplies. They inserted a needle into Lexa's arm customarily, and Clarke frowned.

"At this rate she's never going to recover. We need to bring her back to Polis," Clarke stated. Although she directed it to Indra, the healer seems offended at her words. Indra raised her hand to prevent the healer from speaking.

"We can't do that, Clarke of the Sky people."

"Why not?" Clarke furrowed her eyebrows deeper.

"This is how our people are treated and we have to follow our custom. If our people hear about Lexa receiving treatment from the Sky people, it could cause further disagreements."

"I don't understand," Clarke admits, baffled by Indra's words. "We treat Grounders in the Capitol. Why is it any different?"

The warrior sighed, "You have no idea why she is here, don't you?" She continued when Clarke only gave her a confused look. "There's a group of revolutionist called Protestors created by the Juan brothers of Plaas clan. They are against the Assembly and doesn't think that Heda deserved to be a Commander, considering how very young she is. Heda's idea of bringing in the Sky people to live among us further infuriated them and they overruled the leader of the Plaas clan so that they could have power."

"When the news reached the Assembly, they ordered Heda to solve the issue. But things got out of hand, and one of the Juan brothers stabbed her."

Clarke slowly processed the words that Indra said to her. Her girlfriend never told her anything about the purpose of her visit, and only said that her presence are overdue. Being the Commander, according to Lexa, she have to take responsibility of the twelve clans and make a trip down every now and then to check on their well-being. The shortest would be three days while the longest can take months. Mostly she would be in the Wood clans territory the longest because she is also the leader of that clan.