18

When they moved to Polis, Lexa usually had her hair tied up in a ponytail or she would let her hair fall naturally. Today, Lexa braided her hair and she wore the partially leather suit that Clarke first saw her in, or at least for the few weeks since they first met. The blonde haired girl finds the way Lexa lets down her hair alluring, but ponytail makes her swoon and her girlfriend's braided hair is probably one of her weakness. She can't decide which hairstyle she likes the best on the brunette because she looks amazing in any hairstyles she donned. Clarke bit her lip as her girlfriend places several dangerous looking blades in the belt around her waist.

"Do you have to go?" Clarke questioned, giving Lexa the most adorable face she can come up with. Lexa heaved a sigh, tempted to just stay with the girl instead of going to the Plaas territory.

"Yes," Lexa managed to say with much determination. Or so she thought, until a smirk tugged on Clarke's lips and she knew she didn't sound convincing. Lexa mumbled the profanities she had learned from Raven under her breath. She sighed once more, "My presence is overdue. My people need me."

Clarke went up to her girlfriend and kisses her cheek, "And I can't follow because?"

"I can't put you at risk. I'm certain that they will find you a threat," Lexa sighed, staring adoringly into her girlfriend's eyes. Clarke gasped dramatically at the brunette's words.

"Babe, are you for real? I wasn't in good terms with the Woods clan either. We were practically against each other, but we got along fine, didn't we? Plus, what can possibly go wrong if my girlfriend is the Commander?"

"Everything," Lexa stated seriously. "Look, Plaas clan is a little bit more... difficult. They are harder to be tamed, unlike the Woods clan."

"Fine," Clarke huffed. Lexa notices the disappointment in her girlfriend's eyes and quickly pulled her into a hug. "Just two weeks, okay? Two weeks, and we will meet again in TonDC. Remember?"

Clarke nodded. Earlier this week, the Assembly discussed about the development of TonDC and Lexa wanted to see it for herself, in which Clarke volunteered along. Once Lexa finished her trip to the Plaas territory, she will make her way straight to TonDC, whereby they will meet before heading back to the Capitol.

"I'll be alone at home," Clarke pouted, pulling away from the embrace.

"Not entirely," Lexa chuckled, "You will be at the hospital half of the day, and you can invite Raven or Octavia to sleep over, right? Furthermore, Aria will be around during the weekend. So you won't be alone."

Clarke frowned at the valid point that Lexa brought up. "Well, but if I can't sleep next to you, then it's alone."

The brunette remained silent, not bothering to respond because she would rather let her girlfriend win in their little debate. Clarke followed her down, and when the usual black ride arrives, she reluctantly released her hold around the brunette's waist, but not before pulling their lips together into a kiss.

Lexa allows a smile to form on her lips when they parted, not forgetting to remind the Sky girl that she loves her. Clarke blushes at the three words that felt somewhat right whenever her girlfriend says it and she returns it back. The Commander went into the car and Clarke's smile faded as it drove away, already missing her.

It was an effect the brunette had on her. Even if she had to be in the hospital in the wee morning, she would watch her girlfriend's peaceful sleeping face before slipping out of the bed forcefully. Sometimes she would fall back asleep and mentally cursed herself, knowing the nagging that she will suffer once she arrived at the hospital. If Lexa is the one who leaves before her, she instantaneously miss the warmth presence but the brunette would tenderly kiss her forehead before going out. Being apart for half a day is hard enough, and she cannot ever imagine not seeing her girlfriend for two weeks. But now, she needs to live with it.