Chapter 1- The New Kid

Nicki's Pov

Hi. My name is Onika Maraj. But call me Nicki. I just moved here (Calfornia) from New York, with my Mom, My older brother Jelani, and my younger brother Caiah. I'll be going to Lodwood High (made up XD). I'm kind of nervous.. I mean who wouldn't be? I literally know no one here, and I start freshman year at a new school TOMORROW! Oh well... we'll see how it goes.

The Next Morning, 6:00 a.m.

I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping. I turned off the alarm and padded towards the bathroom. I got a towel off of the shelf above the toilet and set it near the sink. Then I strip off my clothes got into the shower.

Once I was done getting ready, I went downstairs and greeted my mom and my brothers. "Good morning mom." I said kissing her cheek.

"Good morning Onika." she said still cooking the eggs.

"Morning Lani!" I said jumping onto my older brother's back.

"Morning Nika." he said laughing, before sliding me off. I walked over to the highchair and made a silly face at my little brother which made him crack up.

"Morning Caiah." I said taking his little hand and kissing his cheek.

"bokdafme." he said spitting everywhere. I giggled and sat down at the table.

"Okay baby. Have a good day at school. Jelani, try to keep an eye on your sister." Mom said once we were all done eating and all of the plates were put away.

"Okay mom. Bye I love you." I said kissing her cheek. Jelani did the same thing and we were out the door.

In the Car, Still Nicki's Pov

"You nervous?" Jelani asked me as we drove out of the driveway. I nodded as I played with my fingers. One of the reasons we moved to California is because I was bullied a lot. I honestly don't know why I got bullied so bad though. I get straight A's, but I'm not a teacher's pet and I don't look like a geek... so I don't know what the problem is.

"Nika we're here." I heard my brother say. I nodded, grabbed my backpack and got out.

"Hi. We're here to get a schedule for my sis." Jelani said to the woman at the desk.

"Okay. And your name is?"

"Onika Maraj." I answered. She nodded and handed me my schedule, my locker number, and my combination.

"Okay sis. You got it from here?"

"Yes Lani. I'll see you after school."

I walked down the hallway and found my locker.

"Umm... could you move please?" I turned around and saw a blond girl standing there.

"Last time I check this was my locker." I said placing my hand on my hip.

"No... I mean move to another school. Seeing your face is making me sick." she said. All of a sudden a roar of laughter was heard. The hallway was filled with people.

"Boi bai." I said sliding off my backpack and putting my books into my locker.

"Um in case you haven't noticed... I'm a girl." Everyone laughed again. I turn around, clear my throat and everything is silent.

"I'm sorry. Your breath is kind of messing with my vision." Everyone roared even louder as people were saying things like "Ooh she got you." and "Daaannnggg". I laughed as she turned around and walked away.

"That was pretty brave of you." I look to my left and see a girl opening the locker next to mine. "I'm Thembi." She said with a smile and holding her hand out.

"I'm Onika, but call me Nicki." I said shaking her hand.

"Can I see your schedule?" I nodded and handed it to her. "YAAASSSSS! We have the same classes." I laughed an took my paper back. I Grabbed my binder and two books and walked next to Thembi.

"You're new here right?" She asked looking at me.

"Yeah. I moved here from New York."

"Mmm Okay."

We walked into the class. "Are you Onika?" the woman asked.

"Yes I am. But everyone calls me Nicki." I answered glancing around the room.

"Well I'm Ms. Stone. Class this is our new student Nicki." Everyone said hi and I sat in the seat next to Thembi and this boy with dreads.

"Wassup ma?" He said shaking my hand.

"Hey." I chuckled.

Class went on and it was really chill. 2 periods went by after that and by lunch I was already apart of a squad. It was Thembi, Wayne, Rihanna, Candi, Chris, and I. Wayne was the boy with the dreads and I met Rih, Candi, and Chris in second period.

At Lunch

The whole squad sat at one table and we ate and had some small talk. "So who was that blonde girl from this morning?" I asked before taking a sip of my apple juice.

"That was Julieanna." Candi said. I looked over at Wayne and Chris who were laughing their heads off.

"What's so funny?" I asked giggling at them.

"Chris brought up how you dragged her." Wayne said laughing.

"She walked away salty!" Chris said laughing even harder.

"Y'all are a mess." Rihanna said shaking her head. The rest of the day was filled with homework, saltiness with Julieanna, and laughter.

Back at Home

"Hi mama!" I said with Rihanna by my side. I grew closer to her than anyone else.

"Hello Onika. Who is your new friend?" she asked smiling at Rih.

"This is Rihanna."

"Hello." Rihanna said hugging my mom.

"Aah... beautiful name, beautiful accent, beautiful face. Be careful dear." Mom said after they pulled away from the hug.

"Yes ma'am." Rih answered giggling a little.

"Okay you two. Go on and do whatever you guys were going to do."

A/n Here is the start of this book. What do you guys think? Should I keep going? Don't forget to vote. :)