Chapter 12

What do you think of Nicholas' article? Surprising? Shocking? Wonderful? :D

LOL. Here's chapter 12.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           “Emma?” Elyse called.

            They were all looking at me.

            “I – I don’t know what to say,” I told them. I could feel my tears rolling. “I really don’t know what to say.”

            They all hugged me. “I’m so stupid!” I cried.

            “Emma!” Dane called. “Did you read this?” He was waving the newspaper at us.

            “She did Dane,” Eleanor said.

            “And does she know that Nicholas was leaving today?” Dane asked.

            “What?” I immediately stood up. “Today?”

            “Yes,” Dane replied.

            “I need to call him,” I said. I dialed his phone number but he wasn’t answering it. “Please answer, Nicholas.” I whispered.

            “Call his house,” Susan suggested.

            “Do you know his number?” I asked her.

            “No,” Susan said.

            “I know!” Samantha shouted. “Here. I got it from one of our classmates. I know that someday it will come in handy.” She smiled.

            I dialed and someone answered. “Hello.”

            “Hello. Is Nicholas there?” I asked.

            “They left already,” the person on the other end said. “Who is this?”

            “It’s her friend, and uhm – “

            “Emma?”

            “How did you know my name?” I asked.

            “Nicholas was always talking about you,”

            “Can I know who this is?” I asked.

            “It’s her aunt,” the person on the other end replied. “They could be still in the airport, right now.”

            “Thank you so much!” I hanged up and told my friends.

            “I could drive you,” Dane told me.

            “You have a car?” Susan asked.

            “My dad,” Dane grimaced. “Come now!”

            “My parents?” I said.

            “I’ll tell them,” Susan said.

            “Thank you so much,” I said.

            I left with Dane. My friends cheered for me. I hope he’s still in there. Please God, please, let him still be there.

            We reached the airport and I looked for him. Where are you Nicholas? I was about to give up when I noticed a guy stood up. Nicholas? I called and it was really Nicholas.

            I ran to him but stopped a few feet from him. “Emma.” He said my name so sweet.

            “I – uhm ,” I stammered.

            “What are you doing in here?” he asked me.

            “I – I just wanted to give your jacket back. But uhm – I left it at home,” I said. What a stupid excuse. Just told him what you feel.

            “That’s alright,” he said. “Keep it.”

            “Nicholas,” I said softly.

            He was looking straight at me.

            “I – I – “

            He was looking at me and I know he noticed that I was blushing. I looked at him and he smiled. He walked towards me and hugged me tight.

            “I’m so sorry,” he said in my ears. “I love you so much.”

            “I love you,” I muffled.

            “Emma,” I heard Dane calling. He was panting; I guessed he ran from the parking to the airport.

            We smiled at each other. “So, I guess you two are couples now.” He told us.

            “Hey brother,” someone called from behind Nicholas. I saw Nicholas sister walking towards us. She was so beautiful. So, the looks run in the family, huh. “Are you Emma?” she asked me.

            I smiled and nodded. “I’m so glad I’ve met you!” she said shaking my hand. “Nicholas was always telling me stories about you. Oh! I’m so glad you two are okay.”

            “Lily,” Nicholas warned. He was blushing. He was so cute when he was like that.

            She smiled at me and then she saw Dane. “Hi!”

            I looked at Dane and he was blushing. “Hello!” he smiled.

            Lily went to Dane and well, we leave them alone.

“Emma. Promise me.” Nicholas suddenly said.

            “What is it?” I asked.

            “You’ll wait for me.” he said.

            “Will you come back?” I asked halfheartedly.

            “I will,” he said. “Please promise me.”

            “I’ll wait for you. I promise.” I told him.

He kissed me smoothly.“I love you.”

            “I love you too,” I answered back.

            “Lily,” Nicholas called. “We need to go.”

            “Oh,” I could see that Lily was so sad to go. She and Dane exchange some words then she left. Nicholas and her sister waved at us.

            “So, you like her?” I asked Dane.

            “I guess so,” Dane said shyly. “I’m not so surprise that Nicholas got a beautiful sister. He’s good looking.”

            “Runs in their family,” I said.

            “Yeah,” Dane replied. “So, he’ll be back?”

            “Yes,” I said happily. “And I promise that I will wait for him.”

            “Good,” Dane said. “You waited for him for four years and he does too, so a couple of years don’t sound so bad, right?”

            “Yeah. I’m good at waiting,” I joked.

            We both laughed and left the airport. I don’t know when he’ll be back, but he promised that he’ll be back for me and I promised that I’ll wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more chapter left. :)

Please vote and comment. :)