Chapter 7

Here's Chapter 7. This chapter is short. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           “Oh my God!” Elyse reacted. “Are you serious?”

            “Yeah,” I said after telling them what happened yesterday.

            “This is it, Emma,” Eleanor said. “Four years of loving him, maybe this will be the time he’ll confess to you.”

            “What are you saying,” I said. “He just - you know – it doesn’t mean he likes me that much. Or for starter, even likes me.”

            “Of course he likes you!” Samantha pointed our reasonably. “He saved you from those guys, told them you were his girlfriend and drove you home. And he already knows your name.”

            “What if – what if this is all just a misunderstanding,” I said. “What if what we are thinking is wrong?”

            “What if it’s not,” Susan said.

            “I don’t know,” I said. “What should I do?”

            “Confront him!” Samantha said.

            “I can’t do that!” I gasped.

            “Confess to him,” Elyse suggested.

            “And what if he doesn’t like me back? What will I do?” I said halfheartedly. “I’ll be hurt.”

            “And what about Dane?” Eleanor asked. “What will you tell him?”

            Dane. I forgot about him. Oh no! He would get hurt if he finds out. I – I should tell him what I really felt about him. But he knows, right? He knows that I like Nicholas. And that I only like him as a friend.

            “Here comes Dane,” Susan announced.

            Dane reached our table and sat next to me. “How are you, Emma?" he asked. “I haven’t seen you for two days. I’m so sorry.”

            “That’s alright,” I said to him. I looked at my friends and they know what my stare meant.

            “Uhm –we’ll just – go,” Elyse said and they all left.

            “What happened to those guys?” Dane asked looking at my friends. Sorry about that Elyse, Eleanor, Samantha, Susan.

            “Uhm – Dane,” I started.

            “What is it?” he asked me. He was looking at me worriedly.

            I can’t say it. I don’t want him to get hurt – because of me. But –

            “What is it, Emma?” he repeated.

            Okay. I’ll tell him. “Dane,” I started. “You know what I really feel for you.”

            “Yes I know,” he replied.

            “You know that I love somebody else,” I told him. “I don’t want you to get hurt, Dane. It’s just that, no matter what I do or say, you’ll get hurt by me. I – I can’t love you back.”

            He was looking at me then he smiled at me. “I know that. But that doesn’t stop me from loving you.”

            I looked at him. Did he heard me wrong? “Dane – “

            “Like you said, no matter what you do or say, you’ll hurt me. But I still love you, Emma. No matter what happens. Even if you love somebody else. I can’t just forget my feeling for you,” Dane said.

            “But Dane – “

            “I will still be here loving you. No matter what,” Dane finished.

            I could feel my eyes watering. “Why? Why do you love me that much? You know I can’t love you back, and still, you love me.”

            “Because I know I can make you smile and laugh,” he said. “I love you more than anyone, Emma.”

            “Dane – please,” I said my tears finally rolling in my cheeks.

            “Nicholas?” Dane suddenly said.

            “What?” I asked him.

            He wiped my tears with his fingers. “Is this because of Nicholas?”

            “I don’t know,” I said. I don’t want to tell him what happened yesterday. Then I remember the jacket. “Uhm – Dane – did you went to see me yesterday. In my classroom?”

            “No. Why?” he asked me.

            “Nothing,” I said. I wiped my tears and stood up. “I need to go.”

            “Emma,” Dane called. He held my hand and said. “If that guy hurts you – just tell me okay?”

            I nodded and left. Why does Dane need to be so kind? I just can’t take it. I felt like, I’m a bad guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please wait for the next chapters. :)

Hope you voted and commented. :)