Chapter 16

Playlist:

One More Night – Inhabited

I Found – Amber Run

Dance Inside – All-American Rejects

Skinny Love – Ed Sheeran

The Weight – Shawn Mendes

Superheroes – The Script

Breathe Again – Sara Bareilles

18 Live – 5 Seconds of Summer

The City – The 1975

Sad Song – We The Kings

Kat's POV

I woke the next morning in a sweat. I sat up quickly and rubbed my eyes, ridding them of any sleep left in them.

"Are you okay, love?" Niall asked quietly. His hand found my thigh and I put my hand over it.

"Yeah. Just a nightmare I guess."

He shifted so that he was facing me. "About what?"

"Her."

Niall sighed and sat up. "Baby, I didn't think she would agree to it. You have to believe me."

"Of course I believe you, Niall. We went on our date last night, didn't we?"

"Well, yeah. We just haven't talked about what happened yesterday."

I shrugged, "I don't really want to think about."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

"Niall, Kat, and Belle! Come in!" Simon said as he opened the door.

I took a deep breath as I followed Niall into Simon's office. Anya was here and for some reason, I was worried.

We sat down on the right side of the room. Harry was there as well, per Niall's request considering Harry also attended the meeting at the embassy.

On the other side of the room sat a woman. Short, dark brown hair, skinny, and wearing too much makeup for her own good.

I leaned over to Harry, "Who is that?" I just barely whispered.

Harry shrugged, "No idea."

As I turned to Niall to receive an answer, his eyes told me everything. It was her. It's Anya. Niall put a hand over mine and I squeezed it. We all looked at her and she looked back, her eyes moving between the four of us. Simon was standing at his desk writing something.

"So! Should we get started?" Simon's voice suddenly boomed.

I sat up straight and nodded along with everyone else in the room. Niall began to move Belle from his lap to mine before a voice stopped us.

"No."

We looked across the room to Anya.

"What?" Niall replied.

"I want you to hold her. No one else."

Niall chuckled and passed Belle to me anyway. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to my chest. "You haven't been around enough to tell me who can and can't hold my child! In fact, you left her on my front porch in the cold! Now that you're here I should probably just have you arrested for child endangerment!"