Chapter 9

SOOOOOO.... HERE IS CHAPTER 9! AND IF YOU PAID ATTENTION TODAY IS A VERY SPECIAL DAY! TODAY IS THE DAY THAT I HAVE AS BELLE HORAN'S BIRTH DATE! SO HAPPY BIRTH DATE TO BELLE! NOW GO READ!

It'd been two weeks since I'd gotten back from Paris, and I'd spent every extra minute with Niall, Belle and the boys. I cut back my hours at the coffee shop to spend more time writing my new segment for The Telegraph. Niall had my first article, which of course was all about him, framed and hung up in his bedroom. He's constantly telling me that he'll eventually find the rest of my articles and do the same, but I know he won't. I stopped his subscription and the idiot never goes out anymore. Not since Modest! had their sit down with him.

A few days after our date, Niall called me and told me he needed to see me right away. I was at the coffee shop and I told him to stop by on his way home. When he got there, I could tell he was frustrated. I got him a green tea and we went out back and sat down at the picnic table.

"Thank you." He mumbled before taking a small sip.

"What happened today, Niall?" I asked cautiously. I knew he'd gone to a meeting for the next tour at Modest! this morning.

"They cornered me and asked about you today, Kat." He mumbled as he cuddled Belle to his chest.

"Oh." I breathed out.

"They said that since our date, you and I have been trending on Twitter. My publicist Maggie asked if we were dating."

I stuttered out my next question, almost afraid to hear the answer. "Wh-what did y-you tell her?"

"I didn't tell her anything. I couldn't do that to you, Kat."

"Do what, Ni?"

"Put your life out for everyone to pick apart and criticize." He mumbled.

Belle squirmed a bit and I reached out to take her from his arms. When I did, he scooted his chair close enough to me that he could wrap his arms around both me and Belle.

"What else did they say, Niall? What aren't you telling me?"

He sighed, "You have to move in with me."

"Wh-what?!" I turned and looked in his blue eyes and I knew he wasn't making it up. "I-I have to move in with you?"

"Yes, or we can't be together." He replied softly.

I was stunned, "Wh-what?"

His eyes met mine again, "That's what Maggie told me. I just got you back. I can't lose you."

I was speechless. "I-I don't know what to say, Niall. I'm not ready to move in with you."

"I know you're not, babe. That's what I told Maggie."

"What are we going to do?"

Niall shrugged and his face fell into the crook of my neck. His lips touched the top of Belle's head.

"I can't lose you, Kat. I love you too much to let that happen."

"I love you too, Nialler. So much. We just have to figure something out."

We sat in silence for a bit just holding onto each other and Belle.

"Niall?" I said after awhile. "What if we tell your publicist that we're not dating and that we're just friends?"

"But we are dating, Kat. I don't want to hide you away just to keep my label and management happy. I love you."

My heart swelled up inside my chest as Niall began to let his tears fall down his cheeks.