Chapter 21

(Akita)

"What do you mean you're leaving?!"

Yeah...I told my mother about August wanting to leave and taking me with him. She wasn't too fond of the idea.

"Mom I already have a good chance of going to college in California. I was gonna leave no matter what." I said trying to reason with her.

"You still haven't gotten a letter. You're not leaving with that...thug." She said, her face full of disgust.

"Thug?! Mom you know August! He's not a thug!"

"Before. When he was a boy. Now he's has so much money and all them tattoos..."

I couldn't bare to listen to her anymore. She always assumed. And never listened.

I started to go upstairs besides her telling me to come back down.

"You still in my damn house!! Which means you still answer to me!" She screamed at me.

I sucked my teeth, and turned around knowing she was right. I went down to her and she sighed.

"Akita you're too young for love. You should focus on your education more. I understand what you're feeling. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Mom I've been with August ever since we were kids. Even you said we were bound to get together! I'm gonna be fine. Please Mom...he wants me to go. He even bought me a $2000 promise ring...And no he's not dealing with drugs. He got a record deal mom."

Her eyes widen at what I said.

"You never told me that."

I shook my head. I knew I told her. She never listens to me I swear.

"I did Mom. Probably too tired or something." I knew I was lying because she always forgot things that were important to her. But when it's important to her she remembers immediately.

"Okay Akita...I trust you. I'll let you go."

My eyes could've popped out of my sockets. I squealed and practically jumped on top of my Mom. She just made my dreams come true.

"Thank you Mommy!!" I screamed.

She started to laugh and said she had to start on dinner.

I ran upstairs and dialed August's number.

"Wassup baby?" His southern accent melting me in the inside.

"SHE SAID YES!!" I screamed into the phone.

He chuckled into the phone.

"That's gud baby. Betta start packing then."

"Already?"

"Yea baby. We leave this Friday. I'm actually on my way ova thur. See you soon."

We said our goodbyes. I pulled out my luggage and started pulling out all the clothes out my closet.

What outfits to wear?

What shoes to bring?

How much jewelry to take?

I hated being a girl sometimes.

"Akita dinner is ready!!" My Mom screamed from downstairs.

I got out my mess of clothes and went downstairs to the dining room.

On the table was rice and beans with corn and steak.

We started to eat and I knew I had to tell her that I was leaving sooner than I thought. That's when there was a knock at the door.

"Expecting anyone?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Well August said he was coming to thank you and all that." I said wiping my hands on the napkin.

I got up, a bit more giddy than usual. I opened the door and was gonna say "Hey babe." but I stopped mid sentence.

It felt like something dropped in my stomach and my legs suddenly got uneasy.

"What do you want Chris?"

Vote. Comment. Follow. Share.

I hit 1000 views today! Thankss.