Chapter 19

When I got back, it was so early in the morning that I wasn't surprised when no one answered after I called to anyone.

"Hello?" I asked through the empty tower. "Hello?! Is anyone here?" I yelled. Complete silence.

Just as my dad suspected, they must be looking for me, I did leave very abruptly. I walked toward the table where I tried to pull those pranks but no one was around, or so I thought. BUM BUM BUUMMMMM

Just as I was about to turn around, someone  grabbed me. "Jeepers!" I cried out. Yes I know jeepers probably wasn't the right word but I panicked. A cloth was coming toward my mouth until it was stuck in slow motion. I turned around to see a man trying to put the cloth around a nonexistent substance. His eyes slowly widened as he realized I was from his grasp. As I watched him, another guy came from nowhere. I think it was the ceiling, I tell you the truth. He dropped on the ground and jumped to kick his foot toward my face. It's a good thing he started to get a little slow. He was stuck in midair, his foot inches from my nose. I smirked.

I decided that it was best if they had a taste of their own medicine. I grabbed the guy with the cloth and pushed him with all my strength in front of Karate Kid. I moved Cloth Guys arm right in front of Karate Kids face. I snapped my fingers for effect and in and instant they made impact, foot to face and fist to face. They fell to the ground moaning. I had to admit, that felt good.

"Have you had your fun?" A man asked behind me. Where do these guys come from?! I swear they pop up like those dreaded Jack-In-The-Boxes.

"I'm just getting started," I tell him. "Wow that was really cliché of me to say, wasn't it?" Just as I was about to slow him down, he somehow quickly shot something out of a light blue gun, stopping me in my tracks.

"I have heard a lot about you, Amelia," the man said. I felt distant, not able to move. I could hear him but it sounded like he was talking through a phone. "How you were a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. when you were young, the actual reason why you quit, and how you somehow escaped the bug I made."

He made that thing. I wanted to pounce on him and stuff his face with crackers. Don't ask me where I get my threats from.

"You must have some strong allies. And the other thing is, this gun should have killed you but instead froze you" the man explained. I could move my eyeballs as well and see his dark boots to match his dark hair. He held up the gun and chuckled a little. "You are somehow resistant to my devices."

Welp. I did not see that one coming. Nor did I see that baseball come at my head when I was 9. Let it go, Amelia, it's time.

"And do you want to know the thing that really intrigues me?" He paused as if waiting for an answer. "When I first created the bug I needed to test it on a human and I chose myself. I knew if I had succeeded and died it would be for science. However I was injected with the same substance as you and here I am. I tried this on another person, without their agreement I not-so-regretfully add and did the same thing. But they died anyway. I tried this more and more but, of course, they died. And then you come along and change everything. So I am curious about you, Amelia. Somehow we must be connected. Would you like to say anything to that?" He asked and waved his fingers, letting my mouth move.

"Connected? Jesus I guess we are both into the whole movie cliché thing, huh?" I responded. He scowled at me and I just smiled. "You are pretty good at Magic tricks."

"Excuse me?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Well you can freeze things can't you?" I ask. His eyes narrow and there is a pause.

"Why would you think that?" He asked.

"Well you did just mysteriously waved your hand and unfreeze my mouth. So basically that handy-dandy gun of yours it was suppose to stop your heart or maybe make you blind because of the whole eye thing, right? But it didn't work on me so it was basically you using your Elsa hands and freezing me, right? So then-"

"Okay are you done now?" The man asked. Actually he really wasn't a man. He only seemed a couple years older than me but he had the patience of a child much younger than me.

"Let me finish! Goodness didn't your mother ever teach you proper manners? Anyway, you are planning to tell me more of your pathetic evil plan and take me to your lair or something?" I ask, he opens his mouth to say something but I stop him, "And then I'm some kind of girl needing saving by the knight in shining armor?"

"Well n-no I-"

"Well news flash buddy, but I can save myself just fine," I say and speed up the ice's melting, freeing myself. He is to shocked to do something in that moment. It's my turn freeze him, well not his way but mine. "You see, I've got magic tricks of my own."

Just as I was about to monologue, every burst into the room, Steve leading. He sees me, then the guy who moves slowly toward me. "Amelia are you okay. Do you need help or are you in trouble-"

"I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I've got this," I repeat.

"Man I love that movie," Clint says behind Steve. I chuckle and everyone gives me a weird look.

"You may want to put something on those hands of his otherwise you'll turn into a Popsicle," I tell everyone. Elsa still moves toward me as if he would get any where. Everyone looks at each other and shrugs. They end up throwing him in a secure place in the tower, his hands tied. They also put the two other guys with him.

Come at me, bro.
Unless you too slow.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

HELLO! GOD I AM SO HORRIBLE ARENT I? I'M SO SORRY ITS JUST I HAD SO MUCH TO DO THAT I PROCRASTINATED ON AND WATTPAD PAID THE PRICE.

ALSO, I KNOW MANY PEOPLE STARTED SCHOOL TODAY OR LAST WEEK SO HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL? LOL NO ONE SAYS HAPPY WITH SCHOOL WHAT AM I SAYING?!

WELL STAY BEAUTIFUL MY DARLINGS AND THANK YOU!!